Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > SC300/SC400/SC430/Soarer
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 11:39 PM   #1
katzamarang
AF Newbie

importing sc300

im in love with the sc 300 and would appreciate any info on how you go about importing them from japan etc to australia. i really want a sc300 twin turbo manual, any idea how much it would cost?

thanks in advance
katzamarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 10:45 AM   #2
Yaggus
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Yaggus Send a message via MSN to Yaggus
Hey dude, i see from your profile ur from Perth. Same here. A few of my mates have Soarers and i was looking at getting one too. but i decided that i didnt have enuff $$$$ at the time. but anyways....

You say you want a twin turbo manual....... well if you didnt know they are REALLY rare. one 5% of soarers came from the factory as manuals. plenty of them got switched over in japan but due to the new import laws no after modifications are allowed AT ALL on incoming cars. this includes auto to manual mods.

your best best is to find one locally. ive seen a few of them advetised before. check in the quokka and in the sunday times. they have the most cars. chances are you are going to give up on the manual idea and just get an auto. there are heaps of them around and at insanely cheap prices.

if you want to know more about importing SPECIFICALLY soarers, try dcimports.

www.dcimports.com.au

they are in wangarra. they know there shit but they are quite expensive. use them to find out wot eva u need to know.

just some Q's tho.
wots ur budget?
how old are u?
do u want one that is modded or stock?
wot year?

if u need to know anything else just ask. ive reserched it all before.......
TT Mitsu GTO ------| Apexi AVCR, Dual 2 1/2" Exhaust, T3/T4 turbo, BOV
--------------------| Lowered King springs, Bilstein Struts & Shocks, Whiteline swaybars, Cusco Strutbraces
--------------------| 17" Advanti Rims, Kenwood Stereo, 94+ Tailights

K3:i have had this itch... the itch to bang a somewhat chunky girl... like i want it to jiggle a little
Yaggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 01:15 AM   #3
katzamarang
AF Newbie

Re: importing sc300

budget- $16000
age- 18 in sep
modded or stock- dont mind
year- at least 91

thanks for the link ill go check em out!
Old 08-17-2004, 01:29 AM   #4
katzamarang
AF Newbie

hmmm...looking at that site it seems im quite a few grand short compared to the soarers i could get from over east. looks like im gonna have to work my little butt off....

i think i might just wait around for some to appear in the quokka etc as you mentioned or else im gonna be pulling out and keeping my little buzz bomb lol
Old 08-17-2004, 02:07 AM   #5
katzamarang
AF Newbie

found a 91 2.5TT in the quokka, its an auto but as you said getting a manual is basically impossible. $12990 sounds good...i can just imagine the kms on it though :s
18" racing rims, sport exhaust, lowered...sounds nice
Old 08-17-2004, 11:15 AM   #6
Yaggus
AF Enthusiast

$16,000 budget: thats heaps to get a mental soarer.

Modded vs Stock: modding a car costs shitloads. Try and aim for one that has similar mods to wot u want. if you were going to put mags on it and lower it anyway then that soarer is great. have a look around.

18yrs old: your fukt. i hope u didnt want insurance because im pretty sure its impossible to get. assuming you can find a place that will insure a soarer, 99% of them say you have to be at least 20yrs old. i havent found one yet that hasnt. try an insurance broker. they mite be able to help. u mite be able to get 3rd party property.

91 onwards: kool. there are heaps of them around

dcimportsare very expensive. thats because you arent just paying for a soarer, your paying for a warrenty on your car as well.

buy a private one. but whether you get it from dcimports or privately u can always bargin them down about a grand anyway.

yeah you can pick soarers up pretty cheap nowadays. $13k is a good price for one. if you have a budget of around $16K then you would be better off spending more at the start to get one that is more modded than spending less getting a stock one and then modding it later.

the get a good exhaust system in costs up to $2000. mags are at least $1500 so if you factor everything in premodded cars are bargins.....

Q: how much are you going to mod your car, realistically. everyone wants to go all out with their car but how modded are you likelyto get it?
--------------------| Lowered King springs, Bilstein Struts & Shocks, Whiteline swaybars, Cusco Strutbraces

K3:i have had this itch... the itch to bang a somewhat chunky girl... like i want it to jiggle a little
Old 08-17-2004, 11:20 AM   #7
Yaggus
AF Enthusiast

i forgot to add. if you are really serious about wanting a manual then a conversion would be about $5000. thats a very rough figure but yeah it isnt cheap. id only do that if u were going to keep it for a long time.

If you want a manual because you think they are faster then that isnt necessarily true, you can mod an auto gearbox to be just as fast if not faster than a manual. if you want a manual because u cant stand autos and because manuals are more fun to drive then yeah go for it.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > SC300/SC400/SC430/Soarer