Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-10-2001, 02:30 PM   #1
i_rebel
Banned

Send a message via AIM to i_rebel
I wanted to get one of those trucks . . . actually, my girlfriend, thinks she really wants one.

I was trying to find one for her . . . but, people are SICK . . . they like that thing. One used car dealer had a 91 or 92 that he was selling for about $4700. I went to negotiate for it, and the things that came out of his mouth as he attempted to defend the pricing . . . I was stunned!

He amazed me how he could say these things with a straight face . . . :

- It's a 4x4 . . . a good solid SUV/Jeep combo . . . very rare . . . lol

-It's well worth the money . . . this is a steal!

I couldn't believe it.
i_rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 07:42 PM   #2
Heep
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Heep Send a message via MSN to Heep
Very rare? WTF?

Old 01-23-2002, 11:34 PM   #3
Phoenyx
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Phoenyx
Talking My Precious...

Depending on what Tracker you were looking at, it may be rare. There are a million trackers out there, but some are unique. The Manuals are better than The Autos, then there's 2 and 4WD, there's the standard and the LSi Packages, and depending on what condition they're in, they can fetch quite a price.

I live in a heavily populated area, and I see at least 10 trackers every day on the road, but I have yet to see an LSi like mine.

As for the owners - they're a breed all their own. :sun: I don't think I'd ever part with my Tracker. It is quite the versatile machine. I've done everything from heavy off-roading to long distance highway trips without the slightest problem.

Anyway, my final two points are simple.

A tracker is worth the buy, especially if you can find a good, solid 4WD Manual

Yo Admin, Throw me up a Tracker Sub-Forum

-Phoenyx
Phoenyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:40 PM   #4
Hudson
Old Mod

With as few options as Trackers had/have, I'm pretty sure there are no "rare" Trackers. And definitely none where their lack of popularity would translate into anything important (like value).
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 10:08 PM   #5
gemiller
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to gemiller Send a message via AIM to gemiller Send a message via Yahoo to gemiller
I found my 4wd manual tracker on the side of the road(some kid was selling it because he couldnt drive stick, lol) for a mere 1200 dollars, 1992, 104k miles, a good deal im my opinion. And I love my tracker! It's geared a little low, but I guess that makes for its 30miles to the gallon.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:08 PM   #6
Cadetdan
AF Newbie

I just bought a 92' Tracker about 4 months ago........It came with a newly rebuilt engine, But I took it out and replaced it with a Honda Accord engine. But mine has AC, Power Steering, Auto tranny, and 4WD. And all I paid was just about $2900, the body was in tip top shape with no rust, and a new layer of undercoating.

So yes you are getting ripped off, I had a 89' Sidekick before this Geo and I bought that about 5 years back for about $3100 and that was in near factory condition, untill I got into a car crash.......heheheh.

What I would do is go to kelly blue book and get a price quote from them (free). Print it off and show it to the dealer, they may lower the $ then......if not you can still rub it in there face that the price is off! Naw I kiding, dont be an @ss hole.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:44 PM   #7
Hudson
Old Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by Cadetdan
....It came with a newly rebuilt engine, But I took it out and replaced it with a Honda Accord engine...
How would you do that? What transmission did you use? Where did you get engine mounts? What modifications did you have to make to the engine?
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > General Discussion