Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 06:54 PM   #16
oedipussy
AF Newbie

Re: Car for $4000-6000

Well, I'm no professional mechanic so I haven't worked on too many FWD cars, but that has been my personal experience with the ones that I did. I thought you were going to say that Saturns were even harder to work on...

I'll admit that I'm biased toward American cars and against almost anything else, so I suppose my opinion is invalid. I have never personally owned a car that wasn't American-made and my "newest" car is 44 years old so my definition of quality probably shouldn't be applied to, say, a 2000 Toyota Corolla. Style-wise I just don't care for anything made after the early '70's, and today's cars just look and feel cheap to me.

As far as the reliabilty of domestic cars go, the only real lemons that my immediate family have owned are the 2003 Oldsmobile Alero, 1987 Pontiac Fiero, 1980-something Mercury Cougar, and the only foreign car we've ever had, a 1994 Geo Metro (technically it's a "Chevy" but I still consider it to be a Japanese car). Ever other American car we've had have been solid, reliable cars...
oedipussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:57 PM   #17
sickcallawayc12
AF Enthusiast

Re: Car for $4000-6000

You are just, dare I say, old-fashioned? Absolutely nothing wrong with that.
PIAA Super Plasmas GT-X bulbs
PIAA Xtreme White bulbs
K & N drop-in filter

"Melo" and "AI". Enough said.
sickcallawayc12 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A