Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter Bravo is the Australian vesion, Bounty the New Zealand version and Drifter the South African version.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 06:51 PM   #1
davidray
AF Newbie

Question 5 speed tranny

i just got done replacing a clutch in a 1990 b2200. When you push the clutch pedal to the floor, sometimes it dont want to come back up. Also, sometimes its really hard to put into gear. I have bleed the system many times and still doest seem to help. Even when it does decide to work, the clutch engages or disengages as soon as the pedal is about an inch off the floor. There is supposed to be an adjustment on the clutch release cylinder, but for some reason, this one dont. If anyone has any info, PLEASE let me know. Thanks for your time
davidray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 08:40 PM   #2
89B2200
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 89B2200
Check first the lines for any sign of fluid leakage.
Look under the dash, above the pedal, for leakage at the master cylinder rod.
Under the truck, pull the rubber boot in front of the slave cylinder and check for fluid leakage.
Inside the engine compartment, at the firewall, there is a short rubber hose connecting the hard lines, They dry rot and leak.
Inside the engine compartment, pass side, check the rubber hoses and fittings for fluid leakage.
When you bleed by pumping the clutch pedal, rusted spots inside the master cylinder hits the rod seals and damage the seals.
If you bleed by pumping the pedal, do not push all the way down to keep the seals from hitting the rusted spots in the master.
It is safer to bleed using a power or vacuum brake bleeder.
There is an adjustment above the clutch pedal via the threaded rod.
Hope that helps. Let me know what you find out.
89B2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:11 AM   #3
davidray
AF Newbie

I checked for leaks, i didnt find any. Any other ideas?
davidray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 12:36 AM   #4
toplessmazda87
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to toplessmazda87 Send a message via Yahoo to toplessmazda87
Re: 5 speed tranny

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidray
I checked for leaks, i didnt find any. Any other ideas?
i have had the same problums i changed the lsave cylinder 2 bold on the side the tranny and an line change it it prol;ly leaking in side it it wont leave a puddle it like a 10 min fix it will fix i am almos 100 5 on that one if you need a slave cylinder i got 8 trucks i am partin out so let me know what you need iw ill sell you it all good parts email me tho at toplessmazda87@hotmail.com
toplessmazda87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:25 AM   #5
edsel
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 5 speed tranny

hey i need a trans for my 86 b2000. do you have one and where are you edsel....im in los angeles.
edsel is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter