Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Which has the best performance?
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR FQ400 27 51.92%
2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 20 38.46%
2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 03:54 PM   #121
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

don't equate dumb people with ricers.
the dumb people don't appreciate that and deserve better.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:29 PM   #122
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587

I'm not equating dumb people with ricers; I'm equating dumb people who worship the Skyline GT-R and blindly defend all Japanese cars with ricers.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:56 PM   #123
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

lol @ that.
" ~ Igor
Old 01-20-2005, 03:09 PM   #124
TRD2000
AF Enthusiast

swings both ways though... i was recently told i'd "never see an american car in your(my) rear vision mirror"... that's pretty blind to me.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:46 PM   #125
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587

Yup, there are plenty of morons on both sides. I don't see why people can't just be unbiased and get along as car enthusiasts.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:39 AM   #126
FordJunky
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FordJunky
this is a good comparo... i only made it to page three so i have no idea where this thread has gone, just adding my two cents... i would honestly pic the cobra, based on 1. rarity (dunno if thats a word) and 2. it has the best engine out of the bunch (5.4 DOHC, amazing). performance i gotta give the evo the nod but quality and overall drivability goes to the vette... but if i had it my way it would be a Mustang GT-R, an 06 Z06 and the evo... man that would be fun to watch.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:29 AM   #127
FordJunky
AF Enthusiast

ok its 3 in the morning and ive finally finished reading all the pages... now then i hope i can make it through this awake... as for in house, i think the point being made was that the evo was stripped down and moddified by another company (and unless im understanding this wrong its not like svt, svt is ford, its fords top engineers using ford top facilities to design fords top cars. they dont get ford cars and strip them, theyre built like that from the get go where as mitsu has an entire outside company on the payroll rebuild or modify them), and just cause the mitsu backs it with a warranty is a crappy excuse, its modified by a third party none the less so people can say whatever they want but when it comes down to it at least chevy does 100% of the work on their own cars, and i didnt know mitsu used third party companies and frankly that kinda pisses me off, ive lost alot of respect for them and that car. now then, like i previously said, the vette is higher quality but the evo has better performance, that will all change with the next z06, ill guaruntee it... and the best thing is itll be 100% chevrolet.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:06 AM   #128
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

not quite.
the FQ400 is done by Ralliart and the outside 'help' as it were, was to optimise the use of their parts and in some cases, they were specially made for the car. Everyone uses third party parts and help. That's the point.

in this case, mitsubish/ralliart specified something they wanted and got the best help they could to do it.
after all, want the best, get the best to help.

point is, all of the cars on the list are stock.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:44 PM   #129
M3FordBoy
AF Regular

I think the FQ400 is kind of like the Saleen Mustangs the are backed by the company, but not intirly done in house. The Saleen starts out as a Mustang GT. Like the FQ400 starts as a MR.(correct me if i'm wrong). The Z06 on the other hand is compleatly Chevy. Just like SVT is all Ford.

Edit:Or maybe the Saleen Mustang isn't quite the same because they use their own performace parts not things so redlely avalable.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:21 PM   #130
Master Hiko
AF Newbie

i just think this word "modded" is used to loosely by some people here. if a guy at the strip wanted to run you and you asked "what are you running?" and hes says "A modded mustang." and then pulls up to you in a s281 and you say "what'd you do to it?" and he says "nothing", id call him an idiot.

i personally believe that you cant buy a "modded" car new from the factory, but thats just me. if its new and you havent changed anything on it, its not modified. thats the way you bought it, but hey, what the hell do i know *fills mug*

Me>>>you.....n00b
Old 01-21-2005, 11:55 PM   #131
FordJunky
AF Enthusiast

and wut im basically saying is mitsu had a huge advantage over the competition and really doesnt deserve credit for the car... u dont see ford takin credit for saleen mustangs, no because saleens the one that made the car into what it is, without saleen its just another mustang..
Old 01-22-2005, 10:25 AM   #132
fairladyz_gt-r
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to fairladyz_gt-r Send a message via Yahoo to fairladyz_gt-r
Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman10587
I'm not equating dumb people with ricers; I'm equating dumb people who worship the Skyline GT-R and blindly defend all Japanese cars with ricers.
Well...ain't the other guy defend the vette too? if u click back a couple page...u will realise he first said that rich chick dig vette...then i reply that they will take Benz or Bently(i go to a pretty expensive school i know how they act ^ ^")...then he say that those girl will be bitching soo much about money etc....he forgot that real rich ppl never talk about money because money for them is nothing. and plus when he bought up the 3rd party thing Z06 itself has alot of 3rd party hand on it.
and as for hand him a beer sorry i really didn't get that ^ ^". u can see that the whole post just spin around in cycle because if u read some of the last post it is going back to where it started again. and no i don't blindly defend all Japanese cars. so kman10587 before u start commenting on ppl plz check what had been going on around here first...also i think this post will never have an end to it. soo maybe we shall just leave it at this and all of us who posted here all should deserve some erdinger

Old 01-22-2005, 06:25 PM   #133
Mr.Molasses
AF Enthusiast

The EVO takes it in every category.
The zo6 is stale and seriously in need of restyling, and no the headlights arent enough.

the evo is edgy and dosent look like anything else on the road.

One drawback is the active yaw control. dont get me wrong i love the controll it give you but its too much control. it dosent make you work at all. it really lets you know that YOU are the dumbest slowest part of the car.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:48 AM   #134
Vettribution87
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairladyz_gt-r
Well...ain't the other guy defend the vette too? if u click back a couple page...u will realise he first said that rich chick dig vette...then i reply that they will take Benz or Bently(i go to a pretty expensive school i know how they act ^ ^")...then he say that those girl will be bitching soo much about money etc....he forgot that real rich ppl never talk about money because money for them is nothing.
Ah no.
I think you will find that it was DVS-LT1's post that dealt with the issue of wether or not a Corvette makes an impression on women. Personally I think there is no all-purpose "chick magnet" car, as a woman’s taste in autos is just as diverse and varied as our own. Different cars will have a different impression on different people.

Incidentally does this post belong to you?:
Quote:
I will take the EVO over the corvette...just think about this...both car has around the same performance rite? EVO do 9.7km/l how much does corvette do? plus also EVO's 4G63 red line is at 7500RPM but the Vette's is only at 6500 RPM...Vette's engine suddenly sound a bit normal? (i know big engine are harder to crank up high rpm, but the new M5 redline is at 8250RPM). Turbo lag? no power at low rpm? well we were talking about racing ain't we? in race ppl always had their rpm in the boost range don't they? and as for chick.....don't u guys think they watch 2F2F? The main character drive? EVO.

From what I am gathering from the end of this post is that you’re theory is an EVO will have a profound sexual magnetism on women because the main character from 2F2F drives one.
I think I remember replying to this one telling you that it is just a movie and not to be taken seriously. I mean people who bought Delorens back in the late 80's didn’t get tons of action because it was the same car Marty McFly drove.

Quote:
and plus when he bought up the 3rd party thing Z06 itself has alot of 3rd party hand on it.
Well come on then, you’re the expert. Tell us which tuning house fabricated parts for the Z06.
I mean technically there could be some involvement from other GM divisions and GM owned companies but I doubt very much that the Z06 has received anywhere near the amount of 3rd party attention as the FQ400.
Quote:
so kman10587 before u start commenting on ppl plz check what had been going on around here first...also i think this post will never have an end to it. soo maybe we shall just leave it at this and all of us who posted here all should deserve some erdinger
I think "kman10587" had a go at you because of the post below:

Quote:
I agree~ he ran out of excues to use....FQ400 is better!
To declare a car as simply better without any explanation is a pretty arrogant thing to do. I mean it is in you’re right to think the FQ400 is better but even if you do not wish to make an explanation the least you could of done was to use the prefix “I think” or “In my honest opinion”.
Also you ought to do something about you’re signature. I don't mean to harass you or anything but despite the stereotype with regards to people who like to use the words "Skyline" and "God" in the same context, is the fact that if someone were to read out you're signature it would sound like pigeon English.

Allow me to make some corrections and suggestions to you’re signature:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The line where heaven meet<(met) earth, where human<(humans OR humanity) receive<(received) (the) fastest gift (from OR of) God(.)
(The) Nissan Skyline GT-R(.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Make these changes and you should be all set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Molasses
The EVO takes it in every category.
The zo6 is stale and seriously in need of restyling, and no the headlights arent enough.

the evo is edgy and dosent look like anything else on the road.
The EVO takes it in every category? WRONG.
Firstly the Z06 is cheaper. The only reason it cost about the same as the FQ400 in the UK is the Government tariffs. Fundamentally the Z06 costs less.
Also the FQ400 wouldn’t be all that good in some places other then the UK. In the US the FQ400 would have to get used to crappy low octane fuel and would definitely bear the penalty of the gas-guzzler tax. Also in some states there may be emissions regulations that would cripple it. The Z06 has avoided all of these.

Next is where I live in Australia. Around here I wouldn’t want to be driving from Perth to Albany in a high output 4cyl. I would have to pull over to vomit every 30km because of the vibration. Also in my experience with 4cyl cars I’ve nearly always known them to dramatically increase their fuel consumption and/or lower their performance if the air-conditioner is set to max on a hot day. At least with a V8 you get a smoother feeling engine that will hardly be affected by the parasitic load of an air-conditioner.

Now then about styling I would have to say that the Vette looks brilliant. Certainly miles ahead of the EVO, which in my opinion is one of the most hideous things on the road. In fact the EVO reminds me of those cheap Chinese made toy cars they sell in supermarkets that have stickers on them like "Team super turbo" or "Ultra fast nitro racing team". I find the EVO’s looks too cheesy, tacky and above all too tryhard boyracer like.
Nevertheless some people might like that chunky transformer inspired robo-tech look but I think most will prefer the mix of sleek sexy curves with the practicality of good aerodynamics that exist in pure sports cars like the Corvette, NSX, 300ZX..ect. But then with the FQ400 it was never about looks anyway.

"I am ispeptic, phasmatic even compuntious to cause you such perry combobulations."
E. Blackadder 1827
Old 01-23-2005, 01:32 PM   #135
TRD2000
AF Enthusiast

hey! robots are tough ok!?

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons