Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Rumors
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Rumors What have you heard? Tales of the MKV, concepts and spy pics.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 01:23 PM   #46
Jason Doucette
AF Newbie

Re: The NEW 2003 TOYOTA SUPRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogieGT-R
if you ask me the last 2 pictures of the "supra" look a hell of alot like the friggin Ford GT90 :huh: :aug2:
I would say so. Here's the GT90:

Some people may recognize it from EA's Need For Speed 2.
Jason Doucette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 11:08 AM   #47
gtkriss
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gtkriss
a piece of advice to all the supra owners out there, new or used.... If you own a supra whether it is in the best condition of it's life, or it needs a whole new block... or a turbo, heed my words..... NEVER SELL THAT CAR! Fix it up! I checked the kbb site for price on a 93----- 18,000! that's like owning a porsche! We supra owners are like a rare breed.... an endangered species!

P.s.... Nissan 350z look ok..... and i would take a rx-7 over the 8... just my opinion... oh yes skyline 2005!!!
gtkriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 04:13 PM   #48
Jared_80
Banned

Does anyone have the specs for the new Supra? Will it be avalable in the states??
Jared_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 02:48 PM   #49
suprachica79
Banned

Send a message via AIM to suprachica79 Send a message via Yahoo to suprachica79

I just looked at the cars they showed and the replies and I can't believe you people don't realize that the last 2 cars there are lamborghini's with photoshop done. I just hope you all know that
suprachica79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 05:33 PM   #50
red89supra
AF Newbie

I know the head mechanic at Gwinnett Place Toyota in Atlanta.

He says he'll give me a discount on the new one when it does come out. They aren't sure how much it will be priced at. My guess would be 20,000 to 25,000.

I'll post it up when more information comes in.

And I'll tell you if the new Supra is nice when I get it.

Racing Results:
Civic- Won, No Problem
Corvette Z06- Won, Very Close
Corvette Stingray- Won
red89supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:46 PM   #51
Supra_Lover97
AF Newbie

Supra

First of all, Gasara i strongly disagree with you. The 350z i didnt like at first but after lookin at it i realized it was a nice lookin car. Also, you think that toyota will screw it up, i say you have no faith. If it werent for toyota being so ahead of thier time then the MKIV would of never happend. How many MKIII owners do you think that said that Totota was goin to screw up the Supra rep. and build a strange or ugly car. Toyota is notorius for being tight liped about thier cars, do you think that they are goin to not be with the continuation of the best car they ever made? Look at how many of the pics that people are putting up that are different, almost no one can post the same one. So untill Toyota or someone can find a pic that toyota will back up then i think we should just hope that they make a car that is just as good if not better than the MKIV. Oh and one more thing for Gasara is that a pic of red-hot headers? I would like to know thanks.
Supra_Lover97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 12:06 PM   #52
red89supra
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen
Yeah, Toyota aren't making it! Face it and move on, people! If it was to come out in any period of 2003, then there would be some real details and some kind of real images, whether sketches, etc, of the car. And anyway, the car would be fugly, like all Toyotas.

P.S. Toyota are dumb IMHO. Why? FUGLY cars, boring corporate image, lost their way, underpowered - Toyota and Lexus, no Supra, new Lexus models will be a copy of BMW designs in terms of wheels and copy of other cars, IE GS looks like a copy of Mazda 6 from front.
May I ask, what do you drive?

Racing Results:
Civic- Won, No Problem
Corvette Z06- Won, Very Close
Corvette Stingray- Won
red89supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:23 AM   #53
MSTARRR2
AF Newbie

lmao

first of all to every idiot who thought the last 2 pictures were anything but a poorly and somewhat comically edited ford gt-90 is simply a moron. if by now you never heard of the gt90 concept something is wrong and you are probably too obsessed with the supra.

and to suprachica79 - for having read the replies, likely seen the pictures of the gt-90 itself, and still ACTUALLY POSTING SOMETHING LIKE "I just looked at the cars they showed and the replies and I can't believe you people don't realize that the last 2 cars there are lamborghini's with photoshop done. I just hope you all know that"

lamborghinis?! u must be kidding me. its a ford gt-90! ford gt-90 everyone! FORD!! to the first guy who realized it was a gt-90, thank u! when i first saw the picture i was laughing at everyone. and i cant believe the rest of you continued to say how much u hated the new supras... lmao... "the last 2 pics are celicas" lolol holden, you SHOULD go kill urself... u deserve it
damn people
MSTARRR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 02:42 PM   #54
suprachica779
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to suprachica779 Send a message via Yahoo to suprachica779

haha, I'll take that, Back then I was at the early stages of my car learning lol. I knew I had seen them somewhere before and knew that it wasn't a supra, I jsut couldnt remember what it was. A day after I posted it, I was kicking myself lol.
suprachica779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:37 PM   #55
projectsupramk3
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to projectsupramk3
Is there a disease going around lately? Somthing called "I'm-going-to-join-AF-just-so-I-can-bash-people-who-are-actually-trying-to-learn-unlike-myself-who-is-gods-gift-to-man-and-has-never-screwed-up".
Get out of here and go clutter up someone elses forum with your pent up hate for something. A simple "The last two pictures are actually of a photshopped GT-90 concept car" would have been much more effective in getting your point across without bashing on members who actually deserve to be here... unlike yourself.
projectsupramk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 05:28 PM   #56
suprachica779
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to suprachica779 Send a message via Yahoo to suprachica779

lol, thx project, don't mess with me or my big bro's comin after ya lol
Old 04-06-2004, 02:01 PM   #57
shortexistance
AF Newbie

There is no new Supra

Toyota isn't turning any of those pieces of shit into a production car (someone at Toyota is obviously smoking crack). In fact they aren't re-releasing the Supra anytime soon. Besides they obviously rushed to throw something together because they are so ugly. I think that even if they brought the 3rd gen body back it would be better than what they got and the people would accept it. I want it to come out more than anybody but if that's the best they can do than Toyota needs to just wait.

And to the dude that said Supras are gold, They are. Someone offered me $24,000 for my 95TT last month .

Golden rule of racing: KEEP THE SHINY SIDE UP
shortexistance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:26 PM   #58
Fenixfire077
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fenixfire077 Send a message via Yahoo to Fenixfire077
What was supposed to be ridiculous about tfatf is the crappy production in it, the cast + production knew nothing about cars because dom's line, double-clutchin and not granny shiftin when your supposed to is idiotic, double clutching and granny shifting are the same thing! btw I had no idea trucks use double clutching techniques. I do know "Double-clutching is the proper way to downshift at speed without placing excessive wear on the transmission's synchronizers. This allows you to select a much lower gear without the tell-tale lurch you normally get when the clutch is let out after downshifting." as you can read here... http://www.driversedge.com/dblcltch.htm now if your racing anywhere other than a straight line, double clutching is a great technique, because you want to downshift around the turns without wrecking your tranny.
Fenixfire077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 05:38 PM   #59
suprachica779
AF Regular

very insightful fenixfire, now I kno exactly what they mean by double clutching lol, I knew they used it in trucks but I didn't fully understand the concept and why it was used, thx again, i guess i learn new stuff everyday lol