Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Rumors
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Rumors What have you heard? Tales of the MKV, concepts and spy pics.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 05:03 PM   #16
2003SupraRZ
AF Newbie

All you that granny shift and don't double clutch you guys nevr will have your car.

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those ten seconds or less I'm free" Vin Diesel Fast and the Furious :finger: :licker: :licker: :licker: :licker: :smoker2: :smoker2: :smoka: :smoker:
2003SupraRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 06:49 PM   #17
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by HogieGT-R
if you ask me the last 2 pictures of the "supra" look a hell of alot like the friggin Ford GT90 :huh: :aug2:

looks like a celica to me
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 04:18 PM   #18
djGoftheDreamerz
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to djGoftheDreamerz
It is a Ford GT90, someone just mirrored the image and did a shitty job changing the emblems.

djGoftheDreamerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 06:42 PM   #19
Raveen69
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Raveen69
2003 Supra...

i hate to agree with you...the supra is one UGLY ass CAR!

I mean..the old body style is so..um..pretty.

WTF happened?
Even the Celica as dahntey said..looks ugly.

The 1994 Celica was their best year, i see the 95 for sale alot, but i'd rather get the 94, the rear lights are FUBAR.

I like the stylin on the Matrix...and suprisingly even the Corolla looks nice.

Unfortunalty the 2 cars that should AUTOMATICALLY get the best stylin, the Celica & Supra doesnt.

What's up with these people?

Some one please tell them before they mess up a perfectly good car!
Old 02-12-2002, 09:52 PM   #20
RX7_4_Eva
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by 2003SupraRZ
The rx-8 sucks. That thing is such a rice burner. That thing puts out 250hp.wtf is mazda smoking.0-60 in 6.0 seconds god that sucks. The new 350 Z that thing does 0-60 in 6.0 secs.. Man nissan and mazda are slowing down the power.The real cars are the old supra and rx-7.The rx-7 did 0-60 in 4.9. Supra4.9. I doubt that the supra will slow down. Those two are what i call greatness.Ya know why the new 2 rice burners suck. Cuz they are both under 30k. The supra was 38k The price probably won't increase too much. The only car that's competitive with those 2 rice burners is the CL-type s me being a driver of one.Despite the fact that it isn't a manual tranny till' this fall. Another great one is the upcoming Mitsubishi lancer evo 7.20k$ 0-60 in 5.0. :flash: :flash: :flash: :flash: :flash: :finger: :finger:
I dont care if you rag on the new Z, but watch what you say about the RX-8. The RX-8 Sucks? It's such a rice burner?! ONLY 250 HP?! WTF are you on? You obviously know nothing about cars, let alone rotary engines. 250 HP is phenominal for a naturally aspirated 2-Rotor engine. The old RX-7 had 255 HP and it was twin turbo. How's THAT for a rice burner? Adding turbo to a rotary engine is sketchy and generally unreliable for many reasons, thats why Mazda chose to improve upon the N/A rotary engine. Price has nothing to do with whether the car is "great" or not. And WTF was that post about "Granny shifting and not double-clutching"? I doubt you even know what double-clutching is. Lay off The Fast and the Furious and learn how an engine works then come back when you know what you are talking about.
RX7_4_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 03:04 AM   #21
pw_350Z_baby
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by 2003SupraRZ
The rx-8 sucks. That thing is such a rice burner. That thing puts out 250hp.wtf is mazda smoking.0-60 in 6.0 seconds god that sucks. The new 350 Z that thing does 0-60 in 6.0 secs.. Man nissan and mazda are slowing down the power.The real cars are the old supra and rx-7.The rx-7 did 0-60 in 4.9. Supra4.9. I doubt that the supra will slow down. Those two are what i call greatness.Ya know why the new 2 rice burners suck. Cuz they are both under 30k. The supra was 38k The price probably won't increase too much. The only car that's competitive with those 2 rice burners is the CL-type s me being a driver of one.Despite the fact that it isn't a manual tranny till' this fall. Another great one is the upcoming Mitsubishi lancer evo 7.20k$ 0-60 in 5.0. :flash: :flash: :flash: :flash: :flash: :finger: :finger:
Hey dude, get your facts straight. The performance of the new 350Z and RX-8 are pure estimations. No one has tested and timed them yet. As for the new Z, Nissan is just claiming that it will certainly do 0-60 UNDER 6 seconds. It will very well do it in low 5's when it comes out. The new one will have about 300hp, which is the same as the last 300ZXTT, but is also 300 lbs lighter with more torque and a much better stransmission (closer gear ratios and shorter gear shifts). The 350Z will at least match the 300ZX TT if not beat it.
pw_350Z_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 03:08 AM   #22
pw_350Z_baby
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Gasara
Which one is the official Toyota concept? Anyways, I just hope Toyota wont screw it up, but I have this real bad feeling that they will. I mean so far I just like the new NSX. All the others(GT-R, RX-8, 350z) just look so damn fukin ugly!
HEYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! The 350Z will be a gorgeous car. It's like a combo of Porsche 911, Audi TT, 300ZX, and 240Z all combined in one. Gorgeous I'm telling ya. Just wait 'til August, I'll be rolling that gorgeous thing on the streets.
Old 02-13-2002, 03:11 AM   #23
pw_350Z_baby
Banned

[IMG]C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Nissan Z\Nissan Z.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-13-2002, 08:05 PM   #24
2002G20Racer
AF Enthusiast

The new RX-7 is going to be a real nice car. I might get the coupe when it comes out because I dont need 4 doors and back seats in a sports car. That should come out in 2004 which is around the time I hope to be looking for a new car anyways.

Anyone who tells you money is the root of all evil, doesnt f#!@ing have any.
2002G20Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 08:28 PM   #25
Raveen69
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Raveen69
Quote:
Originally posted by 2002G20Racer
The new RX-7 is going to be a real nice car. I might get the coupe when it comes out because I dont need 4 doors and back seats in a sports car. That should come out in 2004 which is around the time I hope to be looking for a new car anyways.
Id like to see what it looks like...ima go searchin for it, it was a nice car back in the day..good looks and all.

But they Rx-8 is it? That thing lQQks ugly..i really think looks are the formost important feature a car can have! It's the first thing everyone sees.

Refering to the Nissan "Z" I like it, but it looks too much like the altima.
Or mabey i just saw an earlier prototype. I'll have to looks and check out that car pic also.
Old 02-14-2002, 10:59 PM   #26
border_project
AF Enthusiast

for a mazda sports car. the rx-8 is pretty decent. but i rather have the rx7.
as for the supra, man those concept photo's look ugly. i think the supra looks lame without an aero kit. doesnt look that aggressive without a kit.
border_project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 04:09 PM   #27
supra91
AF Newbie

Exclamation

The last pictures of the "new supra" are totaly fake! The person that put the pictures up got them from a different website and he probably didn't read it. The website says that he had made up what he wanted the new Supra to look like and had modeled it after a Ford GT90. If you don't belive me the website is:

http://www.ozsupra.qld.org/web/articles/concept/concept.htm
supra91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 07:00 PM   #28
border_project
AF Enthusiast

what do you guys mean by double clutch??
granny shifting means the normal shifting right?

i still dont un what they ment by that in the fast and the furious
Old 03-09-2002, 06:18 PM   #29
tenzoracerevovii
AF Enthusiast

yea......i was going to say the last two pictures look like the ford concept because i have a model car of it...............anyways......i agree with you that the new concepts are starting to look sort of weird, but that's because they're concepts.....im pretty sure some of our opinions will change......I'M NOT SAYING EVERYONE WILL.....it's just that, i used to think the new accord (before it came out) and the new civic (even WHEN it came out) looked like pieces of shit......but i like them now....even the rsx, it's starting to grow on me....the r35 is pretty ugly.....the rx-8 is sort of TOO futuristic.....350z is pretty nice in my opinion....but that's just my 2 cents........

and for border_project:
double clutching does NOT help you in racing like "DOM" said.......double clutching is when you shift, you shift into neutral, depress the clutch, clutch again, then go into gear.......this method is only used for big trucks lately.....i guess we can't use F&F to rely on for facts.......for example......count how many times paul walker shifts in the beginning sequence........

Don't you know, it's 10 hp for every sticker, 50 hp extra for every additional inch of rear spoiler behond stock height.
-obiewancoyote
tenzoracerevovii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 06:23 PM   #30
tenzoracerevovii
AF Enthusiast

you guys should explore AF........i learned the double clutching information from the honda/acura forum......i used to wonder what double clutching was too......

Don't you know, it's 10 hp for every sticker, 50 hp extra for every additional inch of rear spoiler behond stock height.
-obiewancoyote
tenzoracerevovii is offline   Reply With Quote