Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Sebring | Sebring Coupe | Convertible
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
hustonpa
AF Newbie

01 Horn Issue

Hey everyone, I just got an 01 Limited convertible that's in great shape, other than the horn randomly honks. It seems like it does it when the speed passes through 15 mph from above and when the car is under 15 MPH in general...and as you can imagine, it's pretty awkward being stopped at a light and having your car honk at the person in front of you for no reason. I took out the horn relay for now, but has anyone had this happen before? What could cause this?
hustonpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
dcx96
AF Regular

Re: 01 Horn Issue

sorry but dam thats funny BBBBEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP.
dcx96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:26 PM   #3
bearcatdon
AF Regular

That is kinda funny.....as long as it's not you behind the wheel. The only way for the horn to trigger is to complete it's circuit. You pulled the relay but did you try to replace it with another one? When it honks does it just beep to piss the person in front of you off or does it blast to the point the guy wants to kick your butt? If it's just a beep maybe it's an alarm issue and in that case I would be totally lost. Get back to us if you figure out the problem just in case mine starts to do it.
bearcatdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:24 PM   #4
hustonpa
AF Newbie

Yeah, my friends all think it's hilarious, and it is pretty funny, just embarrassing. It does it in a series of two quick honks. Sometimes it only does two, and sometimes it does four. The locks also unlock and lock right before it does it.
hustonpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #5
bearcatdon
AF Regular

If your doors are locking it sounds like an alarm issue. You don't have a FOB that is accidentally being hit somewhere? As crazy as this sounds, I knew a guy who had a similar problem with the locks and it turned out to be a FOB that was under the car mat. When he moved his feet it would hit the FOB and trigger the doors.
bearcatdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:28 AM   #6
jamster06
AF Newbie

On my 98 convertible - I had a similar problem with the locks, and I had a somewhat different alarm problem.
I didn't even know my car had a working alarm and I was living in the dorms and someone calls my phone to tell me my alarm was going off... I go down to turn it off, my boyfriend leaves a couple hours later and it going off again!! Plus, when ever I would be driving, my doors would lock automatically, even if they were already locked. I asked my dad to look at it (I was only 18 and he likes to do all the work on the cars) and he couldn't find a problem. It got me so annoyed one night (after it had killed the battery with a random alarm twice) that I started to look into it.

I found that the reason my doors would lock while I was driving was because the driver side door had been shut too hard too many time. Its only a 2 car door and you need a little bit of a swing to get the door to shut... well, the sensor created a dent in the door where it would rest and so when going over a bump it would shift and the door would think it opened. I put a few pieces of electrical tape over the dent and no more random alarm or locking of doors.

But like I said, its a different situation - but it might be something you want to look for.

Let me know if you have already fixed the problem and what it was... or if this was helpful.

Thanks
jamster06 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Sebring | Sebring Coupe | Convertible