Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CL | Inspire | Saber | TL
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 12:44 AM   #16
Casper42
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Casper42
Re: 2004 Acura TL or a '04 Inifiniti G35?

Good thing you want an Auto.
I'm on Week 9 waiting for my Maual Navi TL in Blue.
Casper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 10:46 PM   #17
Anaudiophile
AF Regular

Re: Re: 2004 Acura TL or a '04 Inifiniti G35?

The TL's 270 hp has a real torque steer problem. I know its more prominent with the automatic transmission but its still a pain. Although the tl uses high end plastics and decent comfortable leather, it has a 'souless' design. I haven driven the TL because it just came out and i dont know anyone thats bought it yet. But hey maybe im wrong about the TL--i havent driven it...

Yet another reader with his head up his ass!!! Real torque steer problem?? LOL Oh.........but I haven't driven one yet !!

Almost non-existent ............. oh and I've driven plenty!!
Anaudiophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 10:48 PM   #18
Anaudiophile
AF Regular

Manual TL with Navi ?? Didn't know you could get them together?? Every 6 speed I've driven does not have Navi ?? Would be nice for sure!
Anaudiophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 09:19 PM   #19
MunG35
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to MunG35 Send a message via Yahoo to MunG35

i am Mun G35 for the g35 but i vote tl.... thats hjow spectacular the car is... true we have a 2003 but it's all the same... we dropped g35 cuz of its cheap interior and conceptish looks too... tl wont break as early as g35. Good luck and happy shopping.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:24 PM   #20
300zxboy
Banned

go for a 04 maxima why? just trust me[142 mph]
300zxboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 09:14 PM   #21
martinhutnik
AF Regular

04 max's are alright. The g35 sedans are ugly, if ur goin for a coupe go g35.
HOWEVER, on topic - id rather go for the TL, it looks like a real sharp car, brand new stylin that really grabs the attention of passerbys and motorists alike. Look around for opinions on the net like msn.com, and c what they say. Test drive both vehicles. Which ever one u feel u like better , than buy it. You know that we nobody can sway a persons opinion, so take em out for a joy ride and b wise, but happy in ur pick
martinhutnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 03:48 PM   #22
WdnUlik2no
AF Newbie

I am in the same boat

I am in the same boat. The G35 Coupe is my favorite out of the TL, and G35 Sedan. However I am concerned that I will get tired of the G35 coupe after a year or so, so I may stick to a sport sedan as an every day car.

The TL is a very nice car, the Acura dealer let me keep it over night and I drove it to work and back and around the city. It can really move. The interior beats the G35 hands down just by the Voice activated, touch screen Navi system alone, top it off with a very good sound system, and cool looking instrument panel with blue lights. Also there is a blue light that comes down from the ceiling that shines down on the gear shift. Looks very cool at night! My only problem is the FWD, torque steer is a problem here, and the car just feels heavy when driving. I just sold my 04 Maxima for the same reason, I hated the torque steer and the heaviness and just wasn't that fun to drive after a few months. The torque steer in the Acura doesn't seem as bad as the Maxima, but it is pretty noticable.

The G35 Sedan is almost the exact opposite. The ride in this thing is amazing. It handles curves almost just as well as a BMW. The engine sounds sweet, and the thing just begs you to push it more. It does not seem heavy at all, and was very suprised when I saw the weight of this car is about 3400 pounds. Its like you are riding on air. The problems here are the exterior styling, the car seems a bit unproportional and I do not like that cheap plastic that goes all around the bottom of the car. There is a color matching body kit factory option that gets rid of that plastic, but its about 2000 extra. Also without the spoiler, the car IMO looks a bit funny. The spoiler does add a much needed sporty look however. The interior is sub par, it just looks cheap, especially with light seats (I perfer dark seats anyway). The Navi system is cool, but nothing compared to the TL's Navi. Its not voice activated nor, touch screen. Sound system is just OK, again, nothing compared to the TL.

I may never decide, or just end up getting both. (TL, and G35 coupe). But I guess it just depends on what is more important to you; the actual ride, or the ammenities. I am split right down the center. If I hadn't had the Maxima (which I choose over the G35 Sedan), I would get the TL hands down, but after experiencing torque steer first hand, it didn't take long for me to absolutely hate it, and last thing I want to do is make the same mistake twice. If you can sacrifice a bit of ride quality for the tons of standard features that the TL offers, I'd go with that. Get the Navi though, Not only is it the best I have seen, but without the Navi, the TL's radio panel looks cheap. If you are just looking for a fun ride that will never bore you, and don't really care about the extras, get the G35.

In a Car and Driver article about 35K sport sedans the top 3 were:
1. Infiniti G35 Manual Navi
2. BMW 325 Manual (No Navi, but it was still over 35 large)
3. Acura TL Manual Navi

Another thing that I have seen, is that Acuras tend to hold their value better than Infinities. An article in money magazine is projecting that the base TL will still be worth 19,600 after three years, about 57% of its original price.

Last edited by WdnUlik2no; 10-04-2004 at 06:15 PM.
WdnUlik2no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 03:51 PM   #23
WdnUlik2no
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 2004 Acura TL or a '04 Inifiniti G35?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaudiophile
Manual TL with Navi ?? Didn't know you could get them together?? Every 6 speed I've driven does not have Navi ?? Would be nice for sure!

Yep they exist, just very rare. The Acura dealership here has one 04 Manual with Navi left and about 4 05's manual Navis.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:07 PM   #24
joellthomas
AF Regular

~ZyajZarc|craZjayZ, you still alive, you buy car, what gives, now you got me wanting to buy one, but which are you buying?
joellthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 07:45 PM   #25
YvesD
AF Newbie

I owned a g35 2003 for the last two years and i'm now a owner of a TL 2005 since last week.
Never i'll own a Nissan/Infiniti product again.
YvesD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 09:06 PM   #26
WdnUlik2no
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesD
I owned a g35 2003 for the last two years and i'm now a owner of a TL 2005 since last week.
Never i'll own a Nissan/Infiniti product again.
Do you have the 6-speed or Automatic TL? What didn't you like about the infiniti?
Old 10-31-2004, 09:57 PM   #27
YvesD
AF Newbie

Automatic TL, White, spoiler.
My Infiniti dealer makes many and many frustrating errors. Also, I thing Infiniti sell a car who did not ready. Many recalls and TSB for rattles, fix.
When you buy this car level and two months later the company have a new release (2003.5) that suppose company use the first customers for trial the product. Never Infiniti send me an appreciation survey like many others company.
For the car itself, shape is superb, mechanical: one of the best. Interior materials are so so...
The heating system is not enough for winter, the tech said me do not put the blower at max because the heating radiator are to small for heat all the amount of air who pass through.
I sell the car with only 28,000km on it.
The Acura seems to have a better craftmanship and quality than Infiniti. If i have to buy a car for a race, i'll choose a G35, but for a daily car, the TL is perfect for me. Ask me the question again after the next two years!
YvesD is offline   Reply With Quote