Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > S-10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 11:55 PM   #91
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Re: Re: Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwood guy
yea but why not just have synthetic its sooo much better
can you stop flip flopping your arguement, first you are arguing against synthetic, now you are arguing for it.

What is it, you want it or you don't?
BlazerLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:13 AM   #92
OverBoardProject
Banned

Re: Oil

I changed my daily drivers oil over to Synthetic at 280,000km and still got no leaks.

Now that I finally had time to drop my Blazers new motor in today I'll be running normal oil in it for the break in period, then changing to synthetic. Hopefully it'll last at least 1/2 as long as my daily driver then.
OverBoardProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 06:10 AM   #93
busa_4
AF Enthusiast

you cant just have synthetic. that would me a monarchy. regular oil is for people like you, ignorant. i give up on you. keep putting that regular oil in your ride.
busa_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 06:10 AM   #94
busa_4
AF Enthusiast

you cant just have synthetic. that would me a monarchy. regular oil is for people like you, ignorant. i give up on you. keep putting that regular oil in your ride.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:11 AM   #95
busa_4
AF Enthusiast

Old 10-08-2004, 01:55 PM   #96
kenwood guy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to kenwood guy

is it that the whole point is to make a monarchy regular oil is still out there and it has to be good if not then synthetic would have fazed out regular oil a long time ago once they faze it out then ill belive you
kenwood guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 02:47 PM   #97
busa_4
AF Enthusiast

what school did you attend. you can have a monarchy. damn son, pick up a book.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:50 AM   #98
atomicpulse
AF Regular

Well I finally got around to taking BlazerLT advice that he gave me at the beginning of this thread. I put engine flush in and drained the oil, came out black as hell. Then I put the new synthetic in with no problems. Great advice, follow those instructions if you are planning on changing from conventional to synthetic
atomicpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 04:00 PM   #99
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Just for everyone's information again, here is the Flush guide I gace to atomicpulse.

Do this before you switch to synthetic.

Ok, you are going to have to do an engine flush.

You do this just before you change your oil.

Ok, ready?

Go buy your oil and two oil filters. Yes, two.

Buy one good one, and one crappy fram filter.

Buy a bottle of engine flush. Degunk or pennzoil will do, buy the one with the most volume. 1 quart is close to the size.

Ok, ready to do the flush and the oil change?

DON'T REMOVE THE OIL, LEAVE THE OIL PAN PLUG IN!

Ok, remove your oil filter ONLY, discard and put on the cheap fram oil filter. You will have lost maybe a quart of oil in doing this. This is good.

Pour the bottle of engine flush into the oil fill tube, put the cap back on the oil fill tube and start up the engine and IDLE it for 30 minutes.

I AM COMPLETELY SERIOUS ABOUT THE IDLE THING! DO NOT BE AN IDIOTIC AND IMPATIENT MORON AND REV THE ENGINE WITH THE FLUSH IN THE OIL. THE FLUSH IS MEANT TO THIN THE OIL AND IT DISSOLVES THE ENGINE OIL SLUDGE ALL IN YOUR ENGINE.

IF YOU DO, YOU WILL DAMAGE YOUR ENGINE AND DON'T COME WHINING BACK AT ME BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.

The new filter is there to catch the amazing amount of crap the engine flush will dissolve and remove it from the oil. After 30 minutes has past, shut down the engine, remove and discard the crap oil filter.

Remove the oil pan plug and allow the engine oil to drain. Leave the filter off and the plug out for 30 minutes so all the conventional oil is allowed to drain. Don't rush this job, DO IT RIGHT! Hell, while it is draining, go around and lube the hinges on your truck or maybe lube the front end a bit.

Ok, after 30 minutes has past, install the good quality oil filter (AC Delco/K&N/WIX/Mobil1) and fill up your oil. DON'T OVERFILL! Also, check your oil level on even ground.

There you go, you have internally cleaned most of the conventioanl sludge out of your engine and have replaced your oil with synthetics.

You are now good for 8000miles of driving when you replace the oil filter at 4000 miles and top the engine oil up with what you lost changing the filter.

Happy driving!
Old 11-07-2004, 04:43 PM   #100
kenwood guy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to kenwood guy

I heard this also works with tranny oil but you dont have to idle your car for 30 mins plus you drain the old oil first before puting in the tranny oil (change filter as well) ever heard of it?? I got the word from two guys ona radio show that owned the aamco transmissions company( art and angelo)
kenwood guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 05:21 PM   #101
quaddriver
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to quaddriver Send a message via MSN to quaddriver Send a message via Yahoo to quaddriver
Dontcha just love oil wars? I can rob you all blind, do your wife in public, and eat the last cookie and not get the reaction I would if I were to say 'use oil brand xxxxxxx'.

Here is my major-heresy for the day: change the oil using the manufacturers specified intervals, use oil obtained at walmart (even super tech) and use any filter but fram, and other stuff will fall off your vehicle long before the engine goes.

now for some minor-heresy:

never flush a motor. If the motor has run on oil, properly changed, any brands, and is not suffering a blown gasket that allows water incursion (which no oil change will fix - sorry), it does not need flushed for any reason. If each of you REALLY needs to lighten your wallet by $4-5, simply send it to me. I will put it to better use. I promise.

If the motor is a 1970's v8 sludged up, then IF the flush would work, it would promptly clog the pump pickup screen forever, until you rebuilt the engine.

the differences in syn oil vs 'dino' oil are so small, Im betting none of you need them, AND, we are in the S10 forum to boot so I can now guarantee it.
quaddriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 05:51 PM   #102
OverBoardProject
Banned

Ok I'm going to throw a BIG stick of explosives in the fire. If you really want to clean up your oil sump, and have the cleanest engine in your town do a complete oil change except instead of using oil use clean diesel.

Idle the motor for 10 min... Believe BlazerLT with his warning.

Then do another oil change using a quality filter (not Fram, or any made by fram for other retailers) and the quality oil of your choice.

When your draining the diesel you really wouldn't believe how filthy it got during the 10 min.

And I disagree with Quaddriver. Any motor that runs on synthetic will out-last any motor run on Dino oil.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:44 PM   #103
movin2stereo
AF Enthusiast

What is dino oil?And yes I've heard of using diesal for flushing.I also heard that using a oil flush treatment will clog shit up and do more worse than good.But hey I'm staying out of this debate.I just want to know what dino oil is.

Stickerchick.com,best decals on the net
Click here

My $12.00 Sunfire
movin2stereo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 08:54 PM   #104
OverBoardProject
Banned

Dino Oil is just another term for origional Fossel Fuel Oil
Old 11-07-2004, 08:57 PM   #105
movin2stereo