Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 03:16 PM   #1
Roscoe86
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Roscoe86
Dodge Viper SRT-10 Carbon Concept

I don't know if this has been posted before or not, (which probably means it has been) But at the SEMA show this past November Dodge and the Mopar Performance guys showed a hardtop concept for the SRT-10. this car used an extensive amount of carbon fiber parts to lower the vehicle's weight by about 150 pounds. It used a carbon fiber cowl-induction hood, front airdam, rear deck lid and the hardtop which removes the stock convertable lid. In addition to the cf parts, they added a set of lightweight forged aluminum racing wheels. They also increased the power to 625 horsepower just by massaging the heads, adding aluminum velocity stacks, and the cowl induction system i mentioned earlier. Talk about an awesome viper. With all the talk about the new C6 Z06 and the GT, i figured this would lift the viper guy's spirits a little, hopefully. I don't care what anybody says really, though, i still think the Viper is America's ultimate sports car, and a formidable opponent for just about any exotic performance car in the world. Here's the pictures of the car. Sorry, i don't know how to show the pictures, links will just have to do.

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/1...on.f34.500.jpg

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/1...on.eng.500.jpg

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/1...on.r34.500.jpg
Roscoe86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 11:20 AM   #2
Psman32@af
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Psman32@af Send a message via Yahoo to Psman32@af
Re: Dodge Viper SRT-10 Carbon Concept

That looks pretty sweet, i hope they build somethign like that. I like the converatble, but id always buy a coupoe over a convertable. now all i need is the money to buy something like that... cept i would like a single tone instead of a two tone, it doenst look bad, but i like one color as oppesed to 2 on a viper.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:28 PM   #3
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

That is amazing. Completely gorgeous... the colors aren't the best, but other than that.. Un-fricken believeable
VenomInMyVeins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 05:56 PM   #4
Roscoe86
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Roscoe86
Well, the only reason it's a two-tone is because of the carbon fiber. IT would look much better on a black Viper, maybe a red...but not quite with the silver. Still, it's a sweet car. Alot of those parts, if not all of them, might--MIGHT, i say--be in development by the Mopar gang. They did the same thing with the SRT-4, Viper's spunky little brother i like to call it, and they plan on making all of the parts on it available, so why not the parts on the Viper as well?
Roscoe86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 01:48 AM   #5
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

why the hell can't they paint the carbon fiber? There are carbon fiber bodies on other cars that are painted... I understand the carbon fiber panels are a different color.. but y?
VenomInMyVeins is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster