Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Ranger | Courier
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
DaleReynolds24
AF Newbie

94 Ranger XLT Bucking/Stumbling Under Load

Hey guys. I have a 1994 Ford Ranger XLT with the 2.3L and 5 speed transmission with 186,xxx miles. I had recently just cleaned out the MAF sensor with some cleaner to smooth out the idle just a bit (there was no issue before hand). I had done a tune up of new plugs, wires, coils about 6 months ago.

Its now been about a month or two since and now my truck has a pretty nasty miss only when there is a significant amount of load placed on the engine (going up a hill, passing, etc.) If I drive lightly, theres nothing wrong. But as soon as I go to give it a bit more throttle for going up a hill or passing, the truck starts missing and bucking pretty badly.

I had disconnected the MAF sensor and drove the truck and the missing went away. I reconnected the MAF sensor and it stayed that way for about a week, and then the missing came back. Is this the MAF sensor that has an issue? Or could it be something else? I'll go in and check the plugs tomorrow and see what the tell tale signs may be. Because this is my only vehicle and the truck has run very well considering it's age and I want to fix it to prevent any possible damage to this already well broken in engine. Thank you.
DaleReynolds24 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Ranger | Courier