Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Ranger | Courier
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #1
passnbyu
AF Newbie

Turbine Speed Sensor 4R44E Code P0715

Hi All,
I just bought a 1995 Ford Ranger with the 3.0 V6 and 4R44E Tranny. 2wd After driving it a couple of days I changed all the fluids. I first just broke a tranny line loose and started the Truck up and ran 2 quarts out and put two in. Did this 4 times to clean up the fluid. It was brown but wasn't burnt. I used Dex/merc Atf.
A little later my O/D overdrive light started to flash at about 31 mph and stayed flashing. I wasn't sure if I used the right fluid so I called the Ford Dealer. They said use Mercon V. It replaced all other fluids for the tranny. I figured it was a good time to change the fluid, filter and flush it again. This would give me a starting point with all new fluids.
Well now my Light keeps flashing. I had the codes pulled and they said it had a code P0715 stored. I looked it up and it said it was the input Turbine Speed Sensor.
My question is can this be tested and changed with out taking the whole tranny apart? I can pull the valve body if need be, I'm not sure where this sensor is or if its bad. I'm going to check over the wires and plugs today before I do anything. The fluid is full and all the fuses are good.
I could really use some help on this one. I talked my wife into letting buy this truck for $800 and I don't want to have to add to that and buy a tranny. You know wat she will say. I'll post some pictures of it later. I Love the truck!
Thank You
Passnbyu

1995 Yellow Ford Ranger Splash Ext Cab 141,000 miles and still going!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #2
passnbyu
AF Newbie

Re: Turbine Speed Sensor 4R44E Code P0715

Hi again,
Does anyone know how to test the turbine speed sensor? Also does anyone know the location or what wires to probe to see if its electrical? I was thinking of useing a ohm's meter to check the resistance across the wires from the sensor to the pcm. Im just not sure which wires to check. The manual doesnt expand the wiring from the pcm very good.

Thanks again

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Ranger | Courier