Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Performance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Performance Discussion about performance modifications and issues.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 11:23 AM   #1
Driftkingz
AF Newbie

Rebuild questions. RB26dett

I'm looking to do a bulletproof rebuild and aiming for 500hp(i belive 500 hp is more than enuf at the wheels or not)
my main goal is reliability aka it's no good to me if it doesn't last 100k
and price is a big deal too the cheaper the better. I baby my cars but i do drive hard evry once in a while but i do i drive real hard.
that said here are my questions.

boring size: 130k on block should i overbore ? (i noticed the cheaper forgies require overbore)

forged pistons: good and cheap ones?(close clearences perfered i don't want to have to warm up long or at all if possible it is a daily driver)

con rods: good deals? (how are crower for the rb26) no jun,tomei and such they cost a arm and leg.

oil pump: it's a 1990 eng so any tips(not changing crank unless i get full conter at awesome price)

boring: getting someone to bore with dummy block is it worth it in my case if i'm only aiming for 500hp? only know of tomei that does it but i'm not in japan not to mention there expensive.

water pump: oem ok?

valve train:clueless in this department.. rember high milege reliability and planning on keeping stock redline unless i get crank.

headgasket:willing to spend money here along with all arp hardware
i'm so parinoid it's gonna blow and wreck my bottom end.

injectors:stock isn't gonna cut it for 500 hp is it?

turbos:i want ones that bolt onto stock manifolds garrets are within my price and like the one in the disco potato but i'm open to ideas

Other stuff that i just can't think of right now(but you probably can so plz comment):

my budget ... don't really have one but cheaper means i can do other stuff to the car.

Post away plz.
Driftkingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:53 AM   #2
sv650s
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to sv650s Send a message via MSN to sv650s
Re: Rebuild questions. RB26dett

i don't know shit about skylines but you should replace the stock injectors since the fuel pump and injectors are probably working at their max......if you keep them stock then more boost isn't gonna do shit for your car + upgrade the water pump if you plan on longer racing applications and if you're nervous upgrade the head gasket just for precautions and get a thicker one cos if you're upgrading you might as well reduce the CR

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Performance