Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LeSabre
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 01:44 AM   #1
ND4SP
AF Regular

Question Snap/Clunk noise in front end

I have an issue with my 2005 Lesabre.
When I go around right hand corner and it is up hill(doesn't always have to be up hill), I tend to get a clunk noise. I have had it checked three times by a shop that I trust, they finally were able to hear the noise last time, however can not find it.

Any ideas??????
Help!!!
2005 Buick Le Sabre: Cooper CS4s, Fram Air Hog and Silverstar Ultras Low beams and highbeams. LED tails and marker lights , brake/turn signals (front turns too) coming soon, just need to install resistors in circuit.

(Sold ) 1999 Intrigue: Fram Air Hog, Bridgestone Potenza G009(Love em, just a little road noise)Upgraded to G019 grids they were even better. Silverstar Low beams and highbeams. Led brake lights, all marker lights and third brake light.
ND4SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: Snap/Clunk noise in front end

Pretty vague, but subframe bolts loose, anything in the suspension loose or worn, engine trans /mounts loose or worn.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #3
imidazol97
AF -Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND4SP View Post
I tend to get a clunk noise. I have had it checked three times by a shop that I trust, they finally were able to hear the noise last time, however can not find it.
Is it coming from the bearing in the strut mount? It can bind when the wheel is rotating the strut as it changes direction, then it lets go with a dull thud or boing type vibration and sound. I could feel mine in the floorboard as it let go.

Try turning the wheels from side to side with the car on gravel or grass where it will turn without scrubbing your tires and hold your hand on the strut above the tire while someone turns the steering wheel. You'll feel it even if you can't hear it with the motor running. Mine on the 03 happened early enough they replaced it under the 36,000 mi warranty.
imidazol97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:51 AM   #4
ND4SP
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwedge View Post
Pretty vague, but subframe bolts loose, anything in the suspension loose or worn, engine trans /mounts loose or worn.
I left it vague to see if anyone would come up with something off the wall. I have had the sub frame bolts pulled out, retorqued and lock tighted in place. The shop I took it to specializes in suspention. One of my motor mounts appears twisted. I am suspecting that is the case.

How much should your engine move when you put it in gear and give it a little gas???(not flooring it)
2005 Buick Le Sabre: Cooper CS4s, Fram Air Hog and Silverstar Ultras Low beams and highbeams. LED tails and marker lights , brake/turn signals (front turns too) coming soon, just need to install resistors in circuit.

(Sold ) 1999 Intrigue: Fram Air Hog, Bridgestone Potenza G009(Love em, just a little road noise)Upgraded to G019 grids they were even better. Silverstar Low beams and highbeams. Led brake lights, all marker lights and third brake light.
ND4SP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ND4SP For This Useful Post:
smith880122 (08-06-2012)
Old 08-06-2012, 05:45 AM   #5
Jeff Collision
AF Newbie

You need to check the front end thoroughly. It is because of either bad ball joints or top strut bearings.
Jeff Collision is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LeSabre