Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
View Poll Results: Which car should i get and why?
2007 mercedes benz clk550 1 33.33%
2005 audi s4 (b6) 0 0%
2005.5+ audi s4 (b7) 1 33.33%
2006+ infiniti m45 sport 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
Dutt1113
AF Newbie

Looking to buy sports luxury car. Which one?

Im looking to buy a sports luxury car, but i cannot decide what i want. i am torn beteen several different cars. Let me know what you think and why?
Dutt1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
akboss
AF Regular

Re: Looking to buy sports luxury car. Which one?

Depends how much sport you like with your luxury. Sport = BMW/Infiniti, Luxury = Lexus/Mercedes/Jaguar. If status comes into play, like it does for most luxury car buyers, get a Mercedes. If it doesn't come into play, just load up a Hyundai Genesis and you're getting the best deal in the biz.
akboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:48 AM   #3
KevinAnderson
AF Newbie

2005.5+ audi s4 (b7) - Great body style

link removed by Moderator- unauthorized advertising

Last edited by '97ventureowner; 08-24-2009 at 10:48 AM. Reason: removal of advertising link
KevinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:38 PM   #4
wafrederick
Banned

You do not want a Mercedes Benz,the price of repairs are very expensive and are very horrible to work on on.Replacing an ECM on them is about 10 grand and takes 8 hours to program one.Jaguar is another to stay away from,hard to get parts for and are very expensive.
wafrederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:43 AM   #5
akboss
AF Regular

I would have to disagree with the previous poster on buying Mercedes. The reliability of Mercedes-Benz cars is subjective and depends highly on year/model. You will see many 1980's and mid 1990's Benz cars on the road because, while the motors do need a little more careful maintenance, the cars themselves are built very well. My mother-in-law is driving a 1995 E320 in beautiful shape, and the fully galvanized body is holding up better than most its age. Any car can have a massively expensive breakdown, including and especially any of the premium brands.

This decision also depends on how long the buyer intends to keep the car. Assuming its only 2-4 years, Mercedes will look after the car under warranty. And if you intend to keep it longer than that, you can have it serviced at a professional garage outside the dealership. In our town there's at least one specialty shop that works exclusively on premium German cars, and charge a lot less than you would get at a Mercedes or Audi dealer.

Just personal opinion here but Mercedes-Benz has survived over 100 years for a reason. Its not a Maxima with a body kit or a Volkswagen with leather, its a dedicated car built for a specific requirement and experience. If I had the money, its surely the first luxury brand I'd look at.
akboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:20 PM   #6
wafrederick
Banned

Plus Mercedes does not want anyone checking the oil and tranmission fluid anymore,NO DIPSTICKS on the newer models.I have heard about the programing of a new Mercedes ecm.A special blanket has to cover the new ECM with the scan tool hooked up and a phone line hooked to the scan tool with 8 hour of programing calling it in to Mercedes.Any powersurges,the new ecm is toast and it has to start all over again.The ecm is $3,000.00.I have seen a real Mercedes,with a 426 hemi under the hood.There are some putting in Chevy engines in them too.
wafrederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #7
O'Dailigh
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by akboss View Post
Depends how much sport you like with your luxury. Sport = BMW/Infiniti, Luxury = Lexus/Mercedes/Jaguar. If status comes into play, like it does for most luxury car buyers, get a Mercedes. If it doesn't come into play, just load up a Hyundai Genesis and you're getting the best deal in the biz.
If you put a Merc or Werk badge on the Genesis it would become the "Must have of 2010".

Present:
98 2.3 CL 128 mph
Past:
96 Prelude Si 142 mph
Future:
2010 Genesis???
O'Dailigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:54 PM   #8
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

the only Audi I would ever buy is the A5 and thats not one of the optons, other than hat im goin BMW 3 series or 5 series 05-07 (best deals if your looking used) though the best of those 4 is the Mercedes simply because, well its a mercedes and they tend to be top of the line quality every time.

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Shpuker is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A