Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sienna
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #61
nspineda9
AF Newbie

Re: 2004 sienna cracked dashboard

I also have a 2004 Sienna with a cracked dash. I called toyota to report the problem. As usual the person told me that there is no recall for the dash. let's keep this up shall we?
nspineda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #62
ajrl
AF Newbie

I'm yet another 04 Sienna owner with a cracked dash. It started out with a small crack that has now spread to a spiderweb of cracks all over the passenger side of my dash. My car has always been garage kept and I've taken care of it by putting protectant on it, using sun shades, etc. I've called Toyota and registered a complaint. I also emailed a complained referencing my case # from the phone call. Additionally, I logged a complaint with the NHTSA on their website www.safecar.gov . I'm taking my car into the dealer tomorrow for an unrelated problem and will talk to the service manager and get his advice, but for now I think the louder, and more we complain the better. This is very obviously a manufacturer's defect and the manufacturer should fix it! If anyone has any success with Toyota please post and let us know your secret!!
ajrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:10 PM   #63
Stanthemailman
AF Newbie

I Just noticed many hairline dash cracks today.Live in central Fla.,low miles and garaged.I have owned hundreds of cars and never had this problem! HELP!Mine is a 2005!

Last edited by Stanthemailman; 09-15-2012 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Forgot year of van
Stanthemailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #64
badtoyota
AF Newbie

Add me to the list of folks in Florida with a cracked dash. I thought I was the only one until I discovered this forum. I called Toyota and they said they had not received any other complaints. I'll call the other number too but doubt I will get anywhere. I'll think twice about buying Toyota again. Mine is a 2004 and the cracks are numerous and now chunks are starting to come off. I just bought a dashboard cover to hide it.
badtoyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #65
06SiennaDashCrack
AF Newbie

My 2006 Toyota Sienna has the same problem, hairline crack on dash along the out edge above the instruments. The car only has about 45,000 miles when we first noticed the problem. We are in Houston area. But, the car has always been garaged. We have always used windshield sun shade to provent the heat from coming inside when the car is parked outside in the summer. Contacted local dealer for this. Dealer first checked with Toyota warranty authority to check about the possibility of getting this repaired under warranty coverage and the request was denied. The dealer then contacted Toyota regional administration to see whether they could do something including the possibility of them wanting to take the dash back for field study. No luck. I then called Toyota Customer Experience. They basically followed standard proceduer, took the case, assigned a case number, checked with the local dealer, and, since Toyota regional administration was already contacted, there was nothing else they could do to help other than registrering this as a customer complaint. This is my forth Toyota and I have always had high respect for Toyota quality. Guess what, not anymore!
06SiennaDashCrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #66
p032504
AF Newbie

I have a 2004 Sienna & also have a cracked dash, in numerous places. Noticed it about 2 years ago & it is getting worse. Garage kept, 90,000 miles.

Called Toyota earlier today & they claim there are no known issues with this happening. I told them I had read about plenty of other people with the same issue. Of course I was told van was out of warranty. When I asked the dealer what they would do, he thought he knew someone that could "repair" it. No such luck. I was not even quoted a price to replace it.

When I called Toyota, they told me to go to another dealer & see what they said (??). I did also call the NHTSA & filed a complaint. I agree that the more we call & complain, the more they will be forced to do.
p032504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #67
CapeFlyer
AF Newbie

Here's my experience with the dashboard cracking on my 2006 Solara. I purchased the car used in 2010 and it had about 35,000 miles. I keep this car, garaged, at my second home in Florida. In 2011 I noticed the first crack in the dashboard upon returning to the house. The car had sat in the garage for 4 1/2 months over the summer. By the winter of 2013 there were multiple cracks so I took the car to the local dealer.

The dealer told me there was nothing he or Toyota would do as the car was well past its warranty. I was given an estimate to replace the cracked dash pad for $2,271.65.

I wasn't inclined to spend this kind of money but every time I drove the car the cracks bothered me and seemed to becoming even worse! I checked used car values and found the difference in the value of the car between good and fair was more than $2,000. I knew I'd take this hit when I tried to trade/sell the car. So I called the Toyota Customer Service Number (800) 331-4331.

I explained the issue to the CSR. She asked for the VIN number and confirmed there was nothing Toyota would do to help me out. Rather than ranting and raving with her I explained I purchased this Solara because I was I loyal Toyota Customer. In fact not only did I currently own another 2005 Solara but I also owned a Tundra, She put me on hold and then came back on the line and said she confirmed I was a good customer. She said she would review the matter further with her supervisor and call me the following day. The next day she calls and says in the interest of maintaining my patronage as a Toyota customer Toyota was willing to reimburse me for the parts purchased at an authorized Toyota dealership! I then want to several local dealers and found one willing to charge me just $350 for the labor. I sent the parts invoice to Toyota and eight weeks later I received their check.

Will I continue to buy from Toyota. You bet, I'm presently looking at a new Tundra.
CapeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CapeFlyer For This Useful Post:
Brian R. (12-15-2013)
Old 06-17-2014, 07:47 AM   #68
Julsb
AF Newbie

Wanted to post on this issue . I reported this in 2008 (and many times since) on a van that had less than 10K miles. Toyota did tell me, as reported on this thread, that it was a substance left out of the dash in production. Mine is a 2004 and they refused to fix it. Never let outside.. Today it still looks brand new and Toyota still, as of yesterday 6/17, refuses to fix the dash. It is now cracked completely with pieces actually falling out of the dash. It should be a disgrace to Toyota. Mine is a van that has a wheelchair lift... and its cost was around 63,000-, actually 65,000 with some additions. It was meant as a long term investment and has been cared for as such. The local dealership tried to get Toyota to cover it, but they refused (4 times now). I spoke to the Toyota Corporation again yesterday, again they admit they are at fault, but refuse any help. If you are a disabled person who is making this large investment in your life (I am called on to show my van, as an option) DO NOT buy the Toyota. I never dreamed I would say that. Poor customer service does not even start to cover this. I am applaud that we have dealerships that are allowed to respond to people and their own products in this manner. THIS IS A CONSUMER STATEMENT! DO NOT BUY TOYOTA. Julie
Julsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:30 AM   #69
KSimpson
AF Newbie

I can't believe it! I just received a warranty enhancement notification from Toyota that will pay for the fix to this problem! Wow!!! They say it will take several months for them to get the parts in order, but they are finally doing the right thing!
KSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:27 AM   #70
turris
AF Newbie

Smile Re: 2004 sienna cracked dashboard

YES , I JUST RECEIVED A LETTER AS WELL FROM TOYOTA , THAT THEY WILL REPLACE THE DASH BOARD AT NO EXPENSE .
turris is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sienna