Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Park Avenue
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 10:46 PM   #31
scott62
AF Newbie

Re: 95 PA ride leveling system??

anyone have an opinon on napa's regal-ride struts. I was hoping hotZ28 would weigh in
scott62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:06 AM   #32
GMLoyalist
AF Newbie

Angry Re: 95 PA ride leveling system??

Quote:
Originally Posted by C man View Post
Maybe im the only who thinks the handling isn't so bad or i dont have fear. I have drove cars that have tighter handling the my PA but maybe im used to it becuase I drive agressive and scare most people who ride with me. I've had it up to 100+ on the interstate and this wasn't in a straight line and I didn't feel like I was losing control. I will admit if u hit a dip going at high speeds u do feel like u don't have control but I think most people just dont feel safe with the body roll.
Okay, now I've heard it all. One thing I love about my Park is the fact that I don't feel like I have to go fast. The car is just too heavy for that kind of driving. Some idiot tonight came flying up behind me in a Buick, I think a LeSabre, but it was going to fast for me to tell. He must have been doing over 100mph. Anyone stupid enough to drive that fast in a car that heavy deserves to kiss the guardrail. I'm not going to brag about my driving skills. But if I ever catch anyone going that fast while I'm driving my truck, believe me, I will catch you and call the cops. And yes, I did remove the speed limiter on my ZR2. It kicked on a few too many times dealing with douchebags like that.
GMLoyalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:02 AM   #33
C man
AF Regular

Everyone who drives a buick isn't a gray head. One thing about buicks is that a lot of times you'll be driving faster than expected becuase the car is so smooth and it has decent power. And thats not just my opinion. Also PA aren't that heavy. A little over 3500 pounds. Alot of newer cars weight around the same. Also the govener doesn't kick in until 127mph so its not like there slow. Driving slow is not a requirement if you have a buick.

I'm not advocating driving fast but just putting in perspective that these cars can be drivin fast without killing yourself and have the potential. Usuallly the police eventually take care of fast drivers.

Sometime people like to test you becuase you drive a buick. The last time i raced a S-10 they provoked the race and got spanked. I guess they thought they had a easy win. just my opinion though
Old 04-15-2009, 10:03 AM   #34
GMLoyalist
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by C man View Post
Everyone who drives a buick isn't a gray head. One thing about buicks is that a lot of times you'll be driving faster than expected becuase the car is so smooth and it has decent power. And thats not just my opinion. Also PA aren't that heavy. A little over 3500 pounds. Alot of newer cars weight around the same. Also the govener doesn't kick in until 127mph so its not like there slow. Driving slow is not a requirement if you have a buick.

I'm not advocating driving fast but just putting in perspective that these cars can be drivin fast without killing yourself and have the potential. Usuallly the police eventually take care of fast drivers.

Sometime people like to test you becuase you drive a buick. The last time i raced a S-10 they provoked the race and got spanked. I guess they thought they had a easy win. just my opinion though
Again, I won't brag about my driving skills. And it's way too fast. Nearly two tons of steel going over the speed limit at all is unecessary. My ZR2 weighs less than that, has much wider tires, and stiffer ride. I still wouldn't race you. I'd just make sure I got your plate numbers.

I gave up street racing after the Grand Am. Keep it on the track.
GMLoyalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:04 PM   #35
kozmicgirl
AF Newbie

Hello i had shocks and struts put on my 96 park ave and the front sit higher but bumps are hell but the back sit very low, it sound like something is going to fall off i have air on the back what could i do to fix this problem. Any little bump is murder is their something i can do is do you put air in them.

Last edited by kozmicgirl; 10-15-2009 at 11:35 PM.
kozmicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:16 PM   #36
kozmicgirl
AF Newbie

Hello my park ave 96 does sag in the back but i had the front and back shockes and struts put on plus i don't hear the compressor any more. Can you help please thank you very much.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #37
C man
AF Regular

Check to see if the fuse for the air compressor hasn't blown or the air compressor hasn't been disconnected. It in the fuse panel under the driver's side dash.

Side note-did you ever solve your a/c problem?
Old 11-29-2009, 09:17 PM   #38
kozmicgirl
AF Newbie

Hello Cman could you explain to better what you are talking about with the leveling system. I did jack my car up and see a canster with a connector plus a sliver box could you explain to me what there are. Could i get your personal e-mail address so i could e-mail you some pictures of what i am talking about.

Thanks so much
Old 11-30-2009, 10:15 PM   #39
HotZ28
AF Moderator Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmicgirl View Post
Hello Cman, Could i get your personal e-mail address so i could e-mail you some pictures of what i am talking about.
Thanks so much
Feel free to post the pics here, asking for a personal email address is not acceptable.

HotZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Park Avenue