Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-24-2001, 11:55 AM   #1
Stormy
AF Enthusiast

Revolvers Questions...

Does anyone know if revolvers add any lift to the rear? I have the AC 3" suspension lift installed with the aal's. I want to keep the rear at the same hight but adding the benifit of revolvers. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
~Stormy
Stormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 12:20 PM   #2
FSRBIKER
AF Enthusiast

I know Ned will debate this to death but do yourself a favor and don't install the Revolvers, the X is already biased towards rear articulation...adding more without more up front will just make it worse. If memory serves me right the Revolver shackles are longer so yes the rear of your truck will be raised, you also need longer brake lines and possibly longer shocks.
FSRBIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 03:07 PM   #3
Stormy
AF Enthusiast

It really makes it difficult to make a decision on these when people stand so firmly on their side of the fence. All searches on the topic are heavy debates on pros and cons. I figured that the brake line was needed and I already have the longer bilsteins installed. I'm not looking to raise the rear anymore than it is right now. Here is what I have now with articulation. I'm happy with it, just trying to explore all options.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg full.jpg (34.1 KB, 106 views)
Stormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 03:59 PM   #4
FSRBIKER
AF Enthusiast

I'm sure you have noticed how much body roll the X's have up front when on the trail, if you add more articulation in the rear this will pitch more weight forward when going down off camber situations...I don't like that feeling now in the X. I have be doing some R&D on a front set up to hopefully counteract this situation, in the coming months it will be fully tested and if all goes well I will bring this set up to market....then IMO the X might need some more rear articulation but i think we have enough right now.
FSRBIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 11:36 PM   #5
ScottG
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by FSRBIKER
I have be doing some R&D on a front set up to hopefully counteract this situation, in the coming months it will be fully tested and if all goes well I will bring this set up to market....then IMO the X might need some more rear articulation but i think we have enough right now.
Have you made any progress on your Bronco Dana 44 swap, or are you working on something new now?
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail