Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Regal
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
xNGxCRASH
AF Newbie

Question 94 regal starts then dies??

ive replace
fuel pump
fuel filter
ecm
icm
cps
mas
cleaned the idle air valve
idk what else to do if i spray starting fluid in the intake it stays running
i hard wired the icm and the fuel pump with no sucess the car was just in a 5 mph wreck tweaked my push bar
air bag light turns on and off every now and then always has
abs light is always on always has
im to the point to where imma re wire the whole dam motor what is something else i can do im goint to try the cam position sensor tomorrow some one please help
xNGxCRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
tempfixit
AF Enthusiast

Re: 94 regal starts then dies??

You do not say which engine. Have you checked the oil pressure sending unit. Have you looked at a wiring diagram. SInce it runs with starting fluid you have spark which means you have a fuel delivery problem. I worked on a 92 that would run for a while and then blow fuse, after replacing fuel pump I finally fiqured out that it was the oil pressure sending unit causing the problem. The fuse blown also was in the fuel pump circuit.

Just a thought.

Just looked at a wiring diagram and the fuel pump circuit does go thru the oil sending unit. Look at autozone.com for wiring diagram, you need to refister but it is free.

Last edited by tempfixit; 02-15-2010 at 12:55 PM.
tempfixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
xNGxCRASH
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempfixit View Post
You do not say which engine. Have you checked the oil pressure sending unit. Have you looked at a wiring diagram. SInce it runs with starting fluid you have spark which means you have a fuel delivery problem. I worked on a 92 that would run for a while and then blow fuse, after replacing fuel pump I finally fiqured out that it was the oil pressure sending unit causing the problem. The fuse blown also was in the fuel pump circuit.

Just a thought.

Just looked at a wiring diagram and the fuel pump circuit does go thru the oil sending unit. Look at autozone.com for wiring diagram, you need to refister but it is free.
sorry 3.8l im not sure how to check it i unplugged it and same oil pressure shows as it always does on the gauge when i crank it (push button start so the gauges read while starting) shows 40-60 while cranking should i just run by the junk yard and get an oil pressure sensor

also another qusetion i know there is a oem alarm in it under the driver fender if it were tripped how would i reset it
Old 02-20-2010, 06:43 PM   #4
tempfixit
AF Enthusiast

Sorry it took so long to respond wife was in the hospital. With the same reading on oil pressure with connector unplugged I would check the wiring to the sending unit. You also mention a push button for starting I would check into the ignition switch.
tempfixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
xNGxCRASH
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempfixit View Post
Sorry it took so long to respond wife was in the hospital. With the same reading on oil pressure with connector unplugged I would check the wiring to the sending unit. You also mention a push button for starting I would check into the ignition switch.
i fixed it turned out i checked the resistor chip in the key it was 2.93 checked the orange wire and turns out the reader in the ignition switch was broke i cut it and soldered a 2.93 resistor to the wire fired right up so if anyone else has this problem i have pics of what to do and how to do it thatnks for the help

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
3.8 , dies , regal , starts
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Regal