Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 05:17 PM   #1
70Runner
AF Newbie

Angry 04 Denali Torsion Bar Adjustment

I just picked up an 04 Yukon Denali and so far it has been fantastic! My only problem is that the front end is about 3" lower in the front. So I jacked her up and gave the bolts a few turns. And a few more turns, before you know it I have the driver side bolt all the way in (6 turns or so, lost count). The passenger side I only put 3 full turns into it with a whole lot of bolt left to turn.
The truck is equal in height per side, but I can't raise it anymore and I'm still down about an 1". With more turns put into one side than the other do you think I have other problems? Does this autoride suspension have anything to do with this?

Out of adjustment in CT. ... Scott
70Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 09:34 PM   #2
the blur
AF Enthusiast

Re: 04 Denali Torsion Bar Adjustment

dealer time for a new torsion bar. let us know what happens.
the blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 04:08 AM   #3
70Runner
AF Newbie

I traded my 03 RAM1500 which I had cranked the torsion bars on as well. First I went to dealer to have them make adjustment. They told me that's how truck was supposed to be and would not make any changes.
I've haven't delt with this Service Dept as of yet, how do you think I should handle this.
(1) Turn bars back down and ask them try to level it?
(2) Leave bolt bottomed, tell them I tried to level it and see if they correct it?
(3) Leave bolt bottomed, crank the other side up and bring it in for adjustment?
(4) ..... your advise

Thanks, Scott
70Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 11:16 AM   #4
tonytone
AF Enthusiast

I'd do option #1, since you don't want them to find out that you attempted to level it yourself...although you probably should not have even tried to adjust it to begin with, or at least did #1 before taking it to the dealer (you mentioned that you had already taken it to the dealer to have them look at it). I can't see why they wouldn't at least take a look at it, especially if indeed there is a 3" difference in height between front and rear. However, I do know that the front does sit a bit lower than the rear but I never really bothered to measure the difference on mine--I have a '04 DXL, which I would think that there would be a greater difference (compared to the shorty) due to the longer wheelbase of the DXL.
tonytone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 01:20 PM   #5
Damien0869
AF Newbie

Hey Runner; I have completed this procedure on my 03 Yukon and when I first bought a Yukon Before my Caddy, which was a 00 Yukon I did this procedure as well. First off, by you having an inch difference now is the correct difference. Reason being, the front end will appear to be racked at a stand still on level ground by that one inch. Now, here’s why, when you press the gas, that one inch becomes GONE and your vehicle is now technically level. The front end rises up and evens out. Now as you are driving your vehicle remains leveled out as well. If you raise those bolts to their maximum especially the Passenger side you will offset the front end and it will appear much higher than the rear while in motion and take off. Here is a perfect example, ever look at a Ford Explorer, notice the front end higher than the rear while in motion and take off???

The Passenger side bolt should be backed out have half an inch from being totally cranked up. The Drivers side all the way. Now not to insult you, make sure you do this procedure while the front suspension and tires do not have a load on them, jack up the front end of the vehicle.

By the way, I have had other Yukon Owners look at my Truck and ask why does it look bigger than mine…LOL I guess the secret had been out for a while.

Hope this helped you fella
DAMien

Last edited by Damien0869; 10-09-2004 at 02:00 PM.
Damien0869 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon