Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Skylark
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 10:00 PM   #1
almagg
AF Newbie

97 Skylark and tires

The wheelbase is 1" shorter than on the average car. There is a bit of a roll/sway on the expressway and especially curves. I was thinking of putting on a wider tire.
Any suggestions?
The OE is P195/70R14 and I figure to go to P205/70R14.
In the city is no problem. On the highway it comes and goes and I thought it might be very sensitive to crosswinds.
FTR, a great car, have had it about one year, compliments on the looks all around, the V6 feels good on the highway.

P.S.
Just found out that a lower aspect ratio provides better lateral stability, which is what I want. Now the above tire is wider with the same aspect ratio. And I've seen specs of P195/65R14 which is the width I have now, but lower aspect ratio.
Now will the P205 perform similarly to the current tires? Seems basic math that if the width increases and the aspect ratio remains the same than the height has to increase also.
Know what I mean?

Last edited by almagg; 07-04-2002 at 05:02 PM.
almagg is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Skylark