Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 05:28 AM   #1
GTStang
Stang Guy

Send a message via AIM to GTStang
04 Mustang GT vs 3000GT

So my bro-in-law owns a 04 Mustang GT convertible 5-speed. Nice car triple white gets lot's of looks. Anyway he went to Niagra Falls for the weeknd with his family so anyway he let have the keys for the weekend cause he wasn't taking it. Me and my friend were able to get to cruise around at like 2pm one of the few times it wasn't raining today and we had the top down of course.

I come past my local Sunoco near my house and a see a nice looking dark green 3000GT pull out with 2 big huge 4inch nufflers on the back. I pass him and he pulls out after me. I figured it was a VR-4. I don't know any other way to tell them apart sitting other than it saying VR4 on the back? lol So I get to the light and he pulls up in the next lane and gives a look and starts to rev it a lil. Being it's my bro-in-laws car and I want to be a good guy so I smile at the guy and mouth "Nah". So the light turns green and we both leave normal but he just paces me and kinda keeps hitting the gas. I notice his back didn't say VR4 one of the times he hit the gas and pulled ahead.

At this point I'm doing about 10-15mph still in first. I think screw it and look at the guy and punch it. He hits it right after but I did jump him LoL. I wind it out in first 5,800rpm-ish, chirp second lil rear-end kick. Wind out second shift into 3rd and let off was doing about 65mph not really sure I forgot too look. Guy in the 3000GT was about 11/2-2 car lengths behind me.

Got next to the guy at the next light he asked if I wanted to go from a dig. I said "nah" wasn't my car was just having a little fun. He said "cool, i understand" smiled and was on his way. Nice kid wish there were more cool people like him on the roads.

Sorry this isn't that great of a race but my Stang has been down all of the summer so not much action for me plus not many racing stories in this forum lately so I figured I'd post something.

GTStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:10 AM   #2
xAUTOxRACERx
AF Enthusiast

Re: 04 Mustang GT vs 3000GT

Nice kill! So could have it been an SL instead of a VR4
Old 07-09-2004, 09:10 AM   #3
209 neon
AF Enthusiast

I want to be the first person to throw out the ........................

J/K nice kill...............

ICEMAN COLD AIR INTAKE
HEDDMAN HEADERS
CATCO HI FLOW CAT W/STOCK 2.25 PIPING
TTI RACE PULLEY
APEXI N1 EXHAUST
MSD COIL
MAGNACORE WIRES
ENERGY SUSPENSION MOTOR MOUNT INSERTS
NO POWER STEERING UNIT/ NO A/C UNIT

"RACE ME IF YOU WILL BUT REMEMBER IN THE END ITS STILL JUST A NEON"
209 neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 10:22 AM   #4
jeffs_GTP_sleeper
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: 04 Mustang GT vs 3000GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209 neon
I want to be the first person to throw out the ........................

J/K nice kill...............

Good thing you didn't race him because if it was a modded VR4 it would have likely ended up on top. You never said if he was racing plus you punched it before he was ready. It sounds like you might have frusterated that dood.

But i guess it was a kill.

Last edited by jeffs_GTP_sleeper; 07-09-2004 at 11:52 AM.
jeffs_GTP_sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 11:22 AM   #5
Raz_Kaz
AF Fanatic

If I remember correctly, onl;y the TT Stealhts/3000gt's have the dual exhausts Maybe they were aftermarket ones???
Raz_Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:36 PM   #6
PearlGT
AF Enthusiast

dual exhausts are on all models, and if the car had no vr-4 or sl badge on it then it was a base but it doesn't really make much of a difference from base to sl, the horsepower is relatively the same. 3000gts are quick cars though, even a base car can be a force to be reckoned with stock vs stock, they are also getting many many sleepers which are the base or sl cars with twin turbos in them, listen for a spool or a bov and you'll know
PearlGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 02:23 PM   #7
Raz_Kaz
AF Fanatic

Base is shit compared to SL....160HP comepared to 222HP with almost the same amount of weight? Never mind, it's the TT stealths that have the 2 double exhausts and one double echaust for the r/t and base model
Old 07-09-2004, 03:02 PM   #8
PearlGT
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: 04 Mustang GT vs 3000GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz_Kaz
Base is shit compared to SL....160HP comepared to 222HP with almost the same amount of weight? Never mind, it's the TT stealths that have the 2 double exhausts and one double echaust for the r/t and base model

sorry you must be misinformed about the whole base vs SL deal....

There is a 160hp model BUT that is the SOHC version which quite frankly is more rare than the dohc 222hp which was always around, the sohc was in the more recent 3000gt/stealth models (i believe 95-99)

and as far as i know all 3000gt and stealth models come stock with dual exhausts which is 2 tips on each side, i know for a fact because i've got one in my driveway right now. Also mine is a base as well and it is a DOHC 222hp model..

The key differences between sl and base are merely cosmetic details such as leather seats and i believe a cd changer as well.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:29 PM   #9
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

pearl gt is right, there were only a feew years that the base model was only 160hp. so depending on the year it was either a 222hp or 160hp in base model.
raz kaz, your thinking of the stealths, the base model stealths only have one exhaust, but all 3000gt's have exhaust on both side's.

i don't think he would have lost, i think the 04 stang would have beat him from a dig(unless the 3kgt had a whole lot of upgrades) the 04 mustang gt shouldn't have much of a problem beating a base or an sl. don't they run like low 14's stock?
Old 07-09-2004, 03:34 PM   #10
PearlGT
AF Enthusiast

oops my bad then its only the 3000gt that has dual exhaust on all models, but since we were talking about a race against a 3000gt and not a stealth i guess its correct
Old 07-09-2004, 03:39 PM   #11
Raz_Kaz
AF Fanatic

Yea well no one specified any years
I'm look at the Stealth's more than the 3000gt. Since they'er ALMOST exactly the same car, I guessed the exhaust placements were the same, easier to tell apart a Stealth TT from an RT/es
Old 07-09-2004, 07:20 PM   #12
GTStang
Stang Guy

Send a message via AIM to GTStang
Re: Re: Re: 04 Mustang GT vs 3000GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffs_GTP_sleeper
Good thing you didn't race him because if it was a modded VR4 it would have likely ended up on top. You never said if he was racing plus you punched it before he was ready. It sounds like you might have frusterated that dood.

But i guess it was a kill.
Like I said I noticed it did not say VR4 so I figured it was not. Don't think too many VR4 guys would take that off just to fool people. I agree a modded VR4 would probably have taken me. He definetly got on it after I did. Was really claiming a kill one way or another just had a little fun and thought I'd share.

GTStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 03:45 PM   #13
landyacht
AF Enthusiast

Meh. I say nice run! Sounds like he was a cool guy too, that alkways makes it nice.

- 305 cu inch (5.0L) small block V8 w/ 3spd auto
- 4 barrel carb w/ single exhaust
- No catalytic converter, no posi-trac

NEVER LOSE FAITH IN THE BOAT!!
landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing