Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 09:00 AM   #1
kylepauper
AF Newbie

2000 GT Sunfire noises

Hello, I have a 2000 GT Sunfire, it has 190000km on it. I recently had the struts done, then I did the strut mounts. All the way around the car for struts and shocks are done. Now, when I turn the car left or right (just started recently more so than usual) in a parking lot or doing a sharp turn at 30km/h, I here this metal noise. Its sounds like metal rubbing against metal. I had the bearing replaced on that side (driver side front) with a premium grade bearing costing over $150. I also had the rotors changed to brand new premium grade rotors. What is this noise? I already know that it could be the CV boots. But what if it is not that? Could it be the part that steers the wheel that has a small boot filled with greese (not the CV boot)? Those are recked but still work. Is it possible it is because there is new parts on an older more worn vehicle and nothing to worry about? Thanks.
kylepauper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
kylepauper
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 GT Sunfire noises

I checked the steering wheel at a stop (I know its not the best thing for the power steering pump) and then I lifted the hood to see if I could hear anything. It is coming from the top part of the strut. It sounded as though it was coming from the strut mount or that very specific area. Any idea what this is? Thanks again.

The Pauper
kylepauper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:31 AM   #3
macpherson01
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 GT Sunfire noises

those rubber boots need to be there and full of grease ,any water will deteriorate the cv joint. it will definitely wreck the joint.
based on your description, it sounds like low power steering fluid,or pump problem.
macpherson01 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > General Discussion