Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Rio | Rio Cinco | Pride
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 09:21 PM   #1
lunasea808
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to lunasea808
Front seat airbag seat covers

Ray H
AF Enthusiast

Re: MPG you guys are getting
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasea808
Are you trying to get custom ones or just over the seat from the store. The ones I bought were from wal-mart. I just cut where the air bag is and sew on velcro (sp) strip. The trick is not trying to slide it on but to roll it from the top to the bottom (turn the seat cover inside out than from the top just roll over the seat slowly).

Or you could just get them custom made. Like katskinz.com
It's a little bit of money but you'll find what you need.

Btw, have you tried going back to the dealer? Maybe they might have local tel. numbers that make oem car seats. I'll check it out with my dealer to and let you know how it went.

Ive tried the dealer and they have nothing and know nothing.
Ive also thought about the Velcro solution and checked into custom covers. Ive also considered removing most of the stitching to weaken the seam enough that it will split if the bag is deployed but I was sure how well that would hold up to daily use.
The Velcro looks like the best solution at this point. Custom covers are mega$$$.
Did you just open up a seam and stitch in a piece of Velcro where the seam was along the seat back side? Do you think the Velcro will hamper bag deployment any?
INOSKEDU!!
lunasea808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:39 PM   #2
lunasea808
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to lunasea808
Re: Front seat airbag seat covers

Ray H
AF Enthusiast

Did you just open up a seam and stitch in a piece of Velcro where the seam was along the seat back side? Do you think the Velcro will hamper bag deployment any?

Lunasea808

No I don't think so. The airbag opens up at a high rate of speed and so much force I don't think it will be a problem. just use a thin strip of velcro one that is not super strong. No. I open up the seam on the seat cover itself and stitch the velcro on. Just go back to the dealer and find out where the airbag will deploy and use it as reference point, but I don't think you want to tell them for what reason just in case of the factory warranty don't want to give them a reason to not honor the warranty.
INOSKEDU!!
lunasea808 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Rio | Rio Cinco | Pride