Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 08:29 AM   #1
klvaleri
AF Regular

Brake or Rotor

Hi Guys,

I wonder what is the symptom for my car. This is for my 2001 V6 Accord EX. It is 62K miles on it. There is no noise or pulsating when I braked it about 45 MPH or less but when I brake it at higher speed I got pulsating very bad but no noise. It only does it at the higher speed. Any of you guys had this experience and what cause it "brake pads or rotors". Thanks for your advice.

Last edited by klvaleri; 05-14-2007 at 02:17 PM.
klvaleri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:16 PM   #2
jeffcoslacker
Lactose the Intolerant

Re: Brake or Rotor

My guess is you have a light drag condition on one wheel that is not signifigant at low speed, but generates enough heat to warp a rotor at higher speed...

Try driving it on the highway at speed for several miles, then coast to a stop on the shoulder, using the e-brake to stop. If the e-brake handle pulses, it's in the rear. But that's rare.

Then get out and feel the temps of the front wheels. See if one seems signifigantly hotter. Wait a couple of minutes and check again (may take a little time to radiate heat out to the wheel.)

If you find a hot one, you've found the problem. Check caliper slides and mounting hardware...

...empty gun rack.
jeffcoslacker is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid