Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 12:24 AM   #1
xiren
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to xiren
best import for my money situation

ok, im currently trying to find out what import i want to buy after i sell my Firebird. im trying to get 8500 or 9000 for the bird, so thats what ill have to play with on the import. im going for at least 95 models and up, except in those that werent made in 95...heres what im looking at right now:

mitsubishi eclipse (95 body style only)
honda prelude
honda CRX
honda Del Sol
honda civic (hatchback style)
nissan 300zx
nissan 240sx
mazda rx7
toyota supra
toyota celica

i know its a big list, but those are just some ideas...if anyone has any better suggestions, that would be awesome too...thanx!
-xiren
xiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 09:18 AM   #2
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
I am not sure why you want to limit yourself to imports, but its your money. Thats quite a spread of cars you've listed. You've got everything from grocery getter to sports car. (assuming you have the V8 in the bird) you'll want to go with 300zx or Supra because of the similar performance. I'd shy away from the RX7 unless you'd like working on rotory engine.

The rest are competent cars, and the 240 is a nice combination of performance/price. If it were me picking from that list, I'd lean towards the Z.

The Supra is the king of the list, but like most royalty, you're going to pay up the ass to it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
YogsVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 02:40 PM   #3
xiren
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to xiren
im just looking to get away from domestic vehicles...thats why im limiting myself to imports...yea, the supra is at the top of my list as well...acctually, the skyline is...but thats just unrealistic.
xiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 05:16 PM   #4
evopanop
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to evopanop Send a message via MSN to evopanop
I believe the Supra, at least the twin-turbo, would be highly unrealistic in your price situation as well. They sell for quite a lot, nowadays. Also, I prefer to shy away from Honda's in general; but, then again, I'm a 'bit partial towards RWD cars. Also, I wouldn't choose a Celica either, but that's just because of the previously stated fact that I don't like FWD cars. Of that entire list, though, I'd have to say... go with the 300ZX TT, or the 240SX. The RX-7 is also a VERY nice vehicle, but unless you're a "car-freak," and LOVE to work on cars, then it probably wouldn't be the car for you. RX-7's require quite a 'bit of care and attention.

There's my .
My Gallery
evopanop is offline   Reply With Quote