Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 10:06 PM   #1
chrispittman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to chrispittman
civic or crx?

Hey, I was wondering what you guys would rather have a 92-95 civic or a 88-91 crx I can't decide between the 2 and I know you can find aftermarket parts for civics pretty easily as well as body kits but does anyone know about crx's and if there is aftermarket parts for that and which one is faster???, thanks
chrispittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 10:43 PM   #2
91CRXHF
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 91CRXHF
i have a crx and you can find one a lot cheaper than a civic. the crx is lighter and handles better but the civic is a little smoother and newer. the CRX has almost the same amount of after market parts a a 92-95 civic. In the 88-91 crx you can drop in a b18a1 cheaply or a b16a1 a little bit more expensive but have more HP. the only difference between the 2 majorly is the clutch. the 88-91 crx have cable clutch and tranny and the 92 -95 have hydraulic. you can supercharge and turbo charge a crx as well as the civic. you can NA both and do anything you wont. but if money is an issue i would say the CRX if you want looks more and can spend a little more on a car then go civic. i had the same problem about 6 months ago but i ended up with a CRX that was my choice. keep lookin around and find out what you REALLY want. the civic you can bring around your buddies in but a CRX is a 2 seater and more of a sports car(kinda) just my
91CRXHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 07:05 PM   #3
MRfaboLAOS
AF Newbie

They Both Are Really Decent Bases To Start Out At. It Mostly Depends On Ur Budget And What Style Are U Going For. Parts Are Numerous For Both But I Think There Are Alot More Parts Availible Fo The Eg6. Although The Crx Is Popular Too But There Are Too Many People Running With Those Eg6's That Parts Are More Availible Due To Supply And Demand. I Personally Would Chose The Crx Due To The Boxy Old School Look. U Can Easily Find A Crx For Cheap Cheap. One My Guys Has Found One For $500 Although Without An Engine. But If U Got The Budget U Can Get A Brand New Engine For 4-5 Grand For A Decent B Seris Engine. I Would Chose The Crx.
MRfaboLAOS is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A