Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
Samtollison
AF Newbie

Vacum leak

I am new to this and needing some help. I recently replaced the head gaskets in my 2003 Malibu. First time and all seems other than it runs rough at stop lights. The check engine came back on and so I had it read and there is an air flow issue. Nis there anywhere that I can get a schematic for the vacum lines? I have all over and cannot seem to find a loose or broken one. Any other suggestions are most welcome. Thanks
Samtollison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
SleepyHead98
AF Regular

Re: Vacum leak

Congratulations! You have had dexcool eat to you head gasket. Be sure and change that coolant out before 100k. Best to use some other type of coolant, I use walmart brand 8 BUX. Anyways, Go here, http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/2khu...ratically.html, This seems to be the setup of my 3.1l, 1998. It should be pretty similiar, but Who knows. There is always a pesky vac line right below the coil pack that gets unplugged on mine, its pretty touch sometimes to get it plugged back in.

Im also sure a haynes or Chilton would have the vac diagram in the back of the book,
SleepyHead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyHead98 For This Useful Post:
Samtollison (07-04-2013)
Old 07-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
rkvons
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtollison View Post
I am new to this and needing some help. I recently replaced the head gaskets in my 2003 Malibu. First time and all seems other than it runs rough at stop lights. The check engine came back on and so I had it read and there is an air flow issue. Nis there anywhere that I can get a schematic for the vacum lines? I have all over and cannot seem to find a loose or broken one. Any other suggestions are most welcome. Thanks
What is the state of your EGR gasket. This can cause problems if left off, or defective.
rkvons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
autojoe
AF Regular

vacuum.jpglean code or massairflow code?Maf codes p0101,p0102,p0103?disconnect MAF connector and see if runs better.enclosed vacuum diagram.
autojoe is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu