Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:19 AM   #1
trantz
AF Newbie

performance first extended warranty

Cosidering the elite plus option. Would like either good or bad comments. Any better providers of extended warranties? Thank you.

Tim
trantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:11 PM   #2
JacksSpleen
AF Newbie

Re: performance first extended warranty

I bought that elite plus warranty on my 2002 impala. It doesn’t cover everything like it says. My car is in the shop getting a sensor replaced that is not covered by the warranty. The Elite Plus and all warranties from Performance First exclude emissions parts. So 400 bucks later I'm not too happy. They also don’t pay shop supplies or anything else. I have a 100 dollar deductable and ending paying 300 when oil pan started to leak. So read the fine print.

Dave
JacksSpleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
carrera888
AF Newbie

I hope you have not purchased the extended warranty from performance first. They are crooks. They lump everything on one non exclusion - Emmission component which does not spell out a lot of items. O2 sensors etc are all not covered. Paid for this ignorance the hard way - down $3300 even with the elite plus. they didnt cover my sensors and other component which they lump under "emission components". I wish i had known this earlier. They dont give this information upfront. I wont ever buy from them again.
carrera888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
XterraRacer
AF Newbie

Doesn't seem like they're respected much anymore.
XterraRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:34 AM   #5
Nickytheheat
AF Newbie

This Company also does not pay for the time it takes to trouble shoot your car.I had an electrical proublem that took 3hrs to trouble shoot @$115 dollars per hr $345.00 out of my pocket before anything was fixed.I have dumped over $1,000 dollars since Oct to try to straighten out this electrical proublem all in trouble shooting costs.
Nickytheheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #6
boxerlover1265
AF Newbie

Question Re: performance first extended warranty

hello.. I have this warranty and i have misplaced my file with my warranty info. While they may be crappy but I need their number. Can someone help me?
boxerlover1265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:59 AM   #7
kohlerj67
AF Newbie

OMG!! Crooks is to nice a word for these charlatans.
Apparently my Air bag deployment system is not covered under this warranty either. What is presented as a bumper to bumper warranty is more like only the bumpers are covered during the month of December during a day with a temperature of 73.5 degrees F.

What is worse than the warranty is the customer service: Dante was Customer Service,
I asked to speak with the person who made the decision on the claim and was told "that's not necessary, they are going to tell you the same thing I am telling you"
I asked for the adjusters name, was told Bill but they won't give a last name.
I asked to speak to his supervisor, was told, he's the highest level that approves or denies claims. (odd)
I asked to speak with Dante's supervisor, got Pierre
was told the same answers that Dante said, asked if he was denying me to talk to the adjuster, he said no, but it's not necessary (aren't I the consumer?).
I say I would still like to talk to Bill or his supervisor.
Pierre says it isn't necessary.
I say "you told me I could talk to him are you saying I can't?"
He says "Yes, now I'm saying that, you don't need to talk to him"

I ask to speak to his supervisor
Pierre says "that's not going to happen"

This company, in my mind is defrauding it's insured. I am planing on filing a complaint with the BBB and the Chamber of Commerce. Not so much for what isn't covered in my policy, but for their refusal to be transparent in their business with the customer and their lack of professionalism in dealing with their customers.

Note: Supervisor "Nicole" (Surprise...no last name) called back. "Well there's no need to take an exclusion from the policy higher since it's clear.....
Totally avoiding the customer service issue.

Charlatans!

I'm cancelling my "policy" which I understood was a bumper to bumper warranty. I don't care if I get $5 back, this warranty is no warranty at all.
kohlerj67 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > General Discussion