Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > RSX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 12:13 PM   #16
RSX-S777
AF Enthusiast

Re: Caliper Painting

On the topic of RSXs being a mild pain in the ass- has anyone had a problem with their rear wiper motor yet or am I just lucky?
Specifically a high-pitched, overly loud mechanic whir followed by extended periods of not working then surprise- working again.

Oh yes- and there's nothing like getting to the gas station on dead empty and having the fuel door decide it doesn't want to open anymore. Not due to cold/ice either as it's 55 here. Had to jam the toe of one shoe under the lever to hold it up while I hopped back on one foot and used my credit card to jimmy it open. Thank God there was a crowd there to witness that little maneuver.

No rattle though...no wheels falling off or frame breaking in two...yet.

I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell...
RSX-S777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 01:09 PM   #17
crazy_canuck
AF Enthusiast

In all seriousness, you guys are really having way to many problems.....

Most people usually get occasional rattles, grinding, and leather cracking. I'd most likely get another car if I were in that position...
Old 01-21-2006, 03:46 PM   #18
mmont0
AF Regular

Actually now that you bring it up S777, I've had problems with the rear wiper sprayer. It now shoots out straight and misses the whole car completely. It's kind of fun squirting all the cars behind me!

No problems with the wipers yet. But you probably used yours to scrape the rear winshield didn't you!
mmont0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 12:20 AM   #19
Cliffnotes69
AF Regular

Man, here I bought this car thinking I would have HIGH quality Honda. Didn't know about all these minor problems you all are having. Mine has the 3rd gear issue, One of the taillights is filling up with water, and this morning the odometer display is telling me to check the fuel cap and it hasn't been opened in four days. I checked the cap and reset the warning light twice but it just comes back on when the car is restarted. Really looking forward to taking it to the dealership since I have an amp and subs in the car.

Wondering if I should have bought a Civic and used the money I would have saved for a turbo kit and a Tien coil-over set-up.

05 RSX type-S
Infinity ??? 600 watt amp
4 x JL 10w0's

87 Z-28(THE Craparo)... It will be a collectible in 07
______
3.42 gears
2200rpm stall speed converter
Edelbrock TES headers
Hollowed cat
Borla cat-back
Eibach sportline springs/Custom end links
K&N's/Custom Air cleaner

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Cliff
Cliffnotes69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:36 AM   #20
mmont0
AF Regular

Minor problems are common in all cars. I just hope that the Honda reliability holds out when it comes to the big ticket items - engine, suspension, electrical systems ...
Old 01-22-2006, 09:04 AM   #21
RSX-S777
AF Enthusiast

Cliff- my factory gas cap had to be replaced because it failed inspection when the car was 2 years old. I've never had a car with a faulty gas cap- not even the Rustang...

And mmontO, my rear sprayer doesn't actually "spray" at all so much as drools heavily down the center of the back windshield. It's useless.

I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell...
RSX-S777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 02:24 PM   #22
paulkramer
AF Regular

Well, I have certainly considered getting rid of this car, as someone suggested. But I haven't run out the string with Acura yet, and dumping it would cost me a few thousand. They are wearing me down though, I must admit

I am amazed though - I have had so many acquaintances tell me so many good stories about their Hondas. I just like the looks of the RSX better than the last gen Civic and that's why I went with the RSX instead of the Civic. I guess there's a lesson here about judging a book by its cover.

Big ticket?! My tranny is pretty big ticket. I mean, the car is still driveable, but it's like driving an old truck with a non-synchronized transmission half the time!

Rear window washer. Mine dribbles too. I thought that was just how it is. Is it supposed to behave differently? At least mine dribbles down the glass and doesn't spray behind the car!

Oh - the last loaner TSX I had was an '05 with 10,000 or so miles. One headlamp was full of moisture the entire two weeks I had the car. The other was dry, lest you think it was because of weather conditions.

I thought about trading in on a Civic coupe, but I am pretty sure the dealer will kill me on trade-in value and I'm pretty soured on Honda right now.
paulkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:34 PM   #23
Cliffnotes69
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSX-S777
Cliff- my factory gas cap had to be replaced because it failed inspection when the car was 2 years old. I've never had a car with a faulty gas cap- not even the Rustang...
I hope that's all that's wrong with mine. I was thinking that it had something to do with a sensor in the evap system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkramer
Oh - the last loaner TSX I had was an '05 with 10,000 or so miles. One headlamp was full of moisture the entire two weeks I had the car. The other was dry, lest you think it was because of weather conditions.
It's always after it rains. There was almost an inch of water in there last time.

And now that I think about it, my rear window washer is messed up too. One side sprays on the middle of the window and the other more towards the top. Was thinking maybe it was wax that fouled the nozzle, If it is I'm not gonna clean it and try to make it a tailgater squirter like mmont0's.

05 RSX type-S
Infinity ??? 600 watt amp
4 x JL 10w0's

87 Z-28(THE Craparo)... It will be a collectible in 07
______
3.42 gears
2200rpm stall speed converter
Edelbrock TES headers
Hollowed cat
Borla cat-back
Eibach sportline springs/Custom end links
K&N's/Custom Air cleaner

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Cliff

Last edited by Cliffnotes69; 01-25-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Cliffnotes69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:42 PM   #24
mmont0
AF Regular

The rear nozzle is supposed to dribble down like drool. Mine squirts out like the front ones and then dribbles after enough water goes through the nozzle. Sometimes it just sprays only. I messed with the little bar in the nozzle when it started only spraying past my trunk and got it to dribble. Man, that was a pain. I had to get up on a ladder to see that little thing!

Cliff - don't try to fix it. You'll probably poke a hole in someone's winshield after you're done!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > RSX