Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Corvette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 09:30 AM   #1
rja614
AF Newbie

Angry Climate Control failed on 1990 vette ragtop

The climate control just quit on me. The temp/fan speed display is lit but there is no digital display. The controls don't respond and thus there is no fans, heat or A/C. In addition, the radio turns on but there is no sound, since the antennae won't raise up. This all happened after a short drive. I got back in the car and noticed that nothing was working..I checked the fuses on the passenger side dash and they appear to be okay. I didn't check voltage yet.... Any ideas?
rja614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:22 PM   #2
70 olds 90vette
AF Newbie

Re: Climate Control failed on 1990 vette ragtop

hello i am new and i saw that you have a 90 vette as do i and im curious if you dont if yours will throw down rubber (peel out) beacause shortly after i bought mine i had some work done and they had to take off all the tpi and it had bald tires and right after i bought new ones im just curious if im losing power soomewhere and if so if you would know where?
70 olds 90vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:46 AM   #3
rja614
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Climate Control failed on 1990 vette ragtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 olds 90vette
hello i am new and i saw that you have a 90 vette as do i and im curious if you dont if yours will throw down rubber (peel out) beacause shortly after i bought mine i had some work done and they had to take off all the tpi and it had bald tires and right after i bought new ones im just curious if im losing power soomewhere and if so if you would know where?

I have no problem burning a little rubber with my 1990 vette. So if you are having problems turning the tires a bit, there is definitely some sort of problem. Most likely, injectors or maybe just your timing is off. Does it idle rough? That would be a good indication of the above problems.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:22 AM   #4
70 olds 90vette
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Climate Control failed on 1990 vette ragtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by rja614
I have no problem burning a little rubber with my 1990 vette. So if you are having problems turning the tires a bit, there is definitely some sort of problem. Most likely, injectors or maybe just your timing is off. Does it idle rough? That would be a good indication of the above problems.
No actually it idles well but when im driving it and i press on the gas it hesitates a little
Old 11-04-2005, 10:41 AM   #5
70 olds 90vette
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Climate Control failed on 1990 vette ragtop

[quote=70 olds 90vette]No actually it idles well but when im driving it and i press on the gas it hesitates a little sorry for all the questions but if it was my distributer what way would i turn it or how would I set it so its right.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:22 PM   #6
rja614
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Climate Control failed on 1990 vette ragtop

[quote=70 olds 90vette]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 olds 90vette
No actually it idles well but when im driving it and i press on the gas it hesitates a little sorry for all the questions but if it was my distributer what way would i turn it or how would I set it so its right.

you would advance the timing a bit. You can tell since the rpms will increase as you rotate the distributor.... clockwise. But you probably have a bad injector. This is real common on injection systems. People use all kinds of additives to clean them and they actually end up damaging the coils on the injectors... which will cause poor performance in general. I would suggest you take it in to an authorized dealer and just have them check it out. I had to replace all the injectors on my vette right after I bought it because someone had been using an injector cleaner that burned them up. The cleaners increase the temperature of the fuel mixture and that damages the injectors.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:46 PM   #7
70 olds 90vette
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Climate Control failed on 1990 vette ragtop

Quote:
you would advance the timing a bit. You can tell since the rpms will increase as you rotate the distributor.... clockwise. But you probably have a bad injector. This is real common on injection systems. People use all kinds of additives to clean them and they actually end up damaging the coils on the injectors... which will cause poor performance in general. I would suggest you take it in to an authorized dealer and just have them check it out. I had to replace all the injectors on my vette right after I bought it because someone had been using an injector cleaner that burned them up. The cleaners increase the temperature of the fuel mixture and that damages the injectors.
I did what you said and advanced the timming clockwise and the car ran worse and then turned it counter clockwise and ran better but the tires still wont spin.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:46 PM   #8
70 olds 90vette
AF Newbie

Quote:
I did what you said and advanced the timming clockwise and the car ran worse and then turned it counter clockwise and ran better but the tires still wont spin.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:47 PM   #9
70 olds 90vette
AF Newbie

Quote:
Old 11-07-2005, 09:23 PM   #10
rja614
AF Newbie

Wink

If the engine is running smoothly, then there isn't much more you can do unless you get a new high performance chip which will change your fuel mixture, etc.

You can find these at speed shops and on the net. Good luck.

Oh and by the way... I found the solution to the problem I posted... I got a solution from another web site. Nobody responded on this one.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette