Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 02:44 PM   #1
Kyler0007
AF Newbie

electical problem?

Hey guys, im hoping some of you experts can help me here

I have a 95 GC V8. Ive actually got 3 separate problems that im thinking may somehow be tied together. First, about 2 wks ago both low beams stopped working, high beams work fine but when i switch to low i get nothing. Ive read on this site that this is most likely caused by the high/low switch in the steering column. second, just a few days ago i go to start it and nothing. the starter doesnt even turn over. so far ive always been able to get it started eventually by turning it repeatedly or sometimes when i start it in neutral it will work. Oh and when i finally do get it started, the clock is always reset like the battery was disconnected. This problem ive read, is probably caused by a faulty neutral safety switch. Another smaller problem ive had lately is that sometimes when i turn off the vehicle the brake lights will stay on. Usually just tapping the brakes a few times turns them off.

Is there any way all of these problems could be caused by something simple? (one guy told me its probably just a bad battery, but im not so sure) I just find it really coincidental that all of these problems hit me at the basically the same time (which was soon after i had my Jeep in the shop for a different problem) and are really similar in the fact that they seem to be all electical.

Any ideas or opinions? thanks in advance
Kyler0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 11:23 AM   #2
01Silver
AF Newbie

Re: electical problem?

I would say that the first two suggestions about the light switch and neutral safety switch were pretty accurate, and for the brakelights, it is probably your brakelight switch located a few inches up near the brake pedal arm.
01Silver is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8