Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > IS200/IS300/IS350/Altezza
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 04:05 AM   #1
BlitzZ!
AF Newbie

Question IS200 Supercharger kits

Hello gentlemen!
I have bought a Lexus IS200 SportCross over three months ago. The car's really awesome, drives really good, and it's damn fast... I had a Subaru Legacy 2,5 and it's highest power could be reached at over 4000-5000rpm, and in Lexus it can be reached at over 5500rpm (that's my feeling). I just wanted to have more power and torque on less engine rotation speeds, and I was wondering what to choose to increase engine power. Once upon a time I went to my Lexus dealer and asked a question for my Lexus consultant - is there any method of raising engine power which provides me 30+ HP and dosn't take my warranty off? "Yes", he said. It was a supercharger (compressor) kit from TTE (Toyota Team Europe), which could be mounted in my car for 5000EU. No, it was too expensive for me! I think I'll choose a kit which isn't so expensive and can assure me that the car won't brake because of it (the first TTE superchargers overheated the engines). The first company I thought of was Blitz, but it 's really expensive too. WHAT SHOULD I CHOOSE ??? Best regards, BlitzZ!
BlitzZ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 09:24 PM   #2
rally_lover
AF Newbie

Um...hmmmm. Since the supercharger is from TTE, maybe that's why your warranty won't be voided. Other companies, I'm not too sure about. Maybe you should go ask your dealership again. Otherwise, Vortech makes potent superchargers. I'm not sure if they have it for the IS, but for Honda it added around 100 hp onto the S2000 and Civic Si. Now THAT is a lot. It's also pretty expensive though. I also think, but not too sure, that Area 51 makes superchargers for the IS. Can anyone confirm this?
rally_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 11:04 PM   #3
BlitzZ!
AF Newbie

Supercharger kits - again...

Hey,
Thanks for the post. I'll search for other superchargers in the Web, so I could just find out how much do they cost and do they fit my car. I hope I'll find something which increases engine power from 155HP to over 206HP (That is engine with fabric TTE supercharger). I hope that Blitz or HKS superchargers will match my car, but in my country there is no dealer of such companies (so the point is to import those parts from the UK).
BlitzZ!
Old 07-06-2003, 01:23 PM   #4
rally_lover
AF Newbie

Hey, BlitzZ! You don't have the IS 300 in the UK??? Well, I think you should have bought that, instead of the IS 200 because the 300 has like...45 more hp. Or at least that's the claimed hp, as opposed to the 200's claimed 155 hp.
Old 07-06-2003, 01:34 PM   #5
rally_lover
AF Newbie

To be more exact, BlitzZ!, the IS 300 has 215 hp @ 5,800 rpm and 218 lb-ft torque @ 3,800 rpm.
Old 07-06-2003, 02:04 PM   #6
BlitzZ!
AF Newbie

Hey there,

The thing isn't so simple as you might think it is. Three months ago only IS200 was available to get in Poland (the only version I was interested in was SC). To that moment, any IS300 was sold in Poland, because Toyota Motor Poland hasn't imported any car such like that. I've taken a Prestige version, and I am really happy of that choice.

Cheers,

BlitzZ!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > IS200/IS300/IS350/Altezza