Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > CLK
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 03:36 PM   #1
EPVQ30
AF Regular

did not get spanked by CLK.

he saw me come up behind him and he started dancing on the pedal once he saw my rice. so we come up to the next set of lights and we were lined.. Light goes green and i get a beautiful launch.. he just punches it.. i know that benzes are slow at take off so i was like this 320 is breakfast... wrong answer... we are head to head all the way through first .. so, i was like 2nd gear is not my strongest. so i bring up the RPMs near red line and dump it into second with a powerful thrust and perfect clutch/gear coordination. my car lunges a little but no chirp and it's still head to head with this sissy boys convertible car... i'm like damn.. so then comes third.. i know that benzes once they get going they are gone.. so i do my best to get to the bottle neck down the road at least dead even.. i bring up the rpms up to about 6K and dump into third, again, beautifully done, the two cars are dead even well into third gear.. but... the benz is edging out on me.. shit i go.
my shift to 4th was the worst ever i missed the gear but we were extremely close to the bottle neck so i decided to not even try it..the benz zooms away from me and dashes right in front of me and blasts away. the next light was a one laner so i roll up behind him and much to my surprise that this was a CLK430!!
i betcha this rich boy thought he was going to put jam on me and eat me up like toast. but it didn't happen. i did not get spanked by a CLK430.

EPVQ30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 03:43 PM   #2
BLU CIVIC
調整器

Send a message via MSN to BLU CIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to BLU CIVIC
Re: did not get spanked by CLK.

nice....hang to head

sounds like fun
1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock
2011 CR-Z - Stock
BLU CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 08:58 PM   #3
blindside.AMG
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to blindside.AMG
Eh, don't rely on the numbers on the back of the car because lots of people do the Persian Conversion and slap higher class numbers on their car. A 430 should have beat you with no problem. Maybe he left ESP on, that really destroys your take off in a Benz. Or maybe he had it the tranny in Winter mode meaning he starts in 2nd gear. Who knows. Most people who drive Mercedes don't know what their car can really do. Anyways, good job stickin it to the rich boy!
Old 11-12-2003, 10:55 PM   #4
Guyanson_Mendiola
AF Enthusiast

true, that you didn't get spanked because you held on long enough in that race.
Guyanson_Mendiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 04:08 PM   #5
CLK430
AF Newbie

Re: did not get spanked by CLK.

Lets face it, the 99 Max has 189 hp, the CLK430 has 275. 0-60 times differ by more than a second, which translates to 8-12 car lengths. Either rich boy was gettin' road head and didn't care, or he faked it and slapped on a CLK430 Badge. Did it say AMG next to it too?? HAHA.. Great story though.
CLK430 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > CLK