Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
View Poll Results: Fav. sports car?!
'Maro and 'Bird 6 37.50%
Stang 3 18.75%
Evo 5 31.25%
Duh an SUV to run over them ALL!! 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 07:46 PM   #241
Jared_80
Banned

Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegee
so what are y ou saying?
You and PWMAN were discussing the weight of a racing civic. I am just saying that you don't even have to strip everything out of a civic to get it below 2000lbs.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:50 PM   #242
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mikegee
Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GPGT
I'm not trying to jump on the side of the evo here i'm american loyal I promise. I've rode in an evo and it was pretty impressive, although it was one most uncomfortable <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A> i've ever rode in. I still wouldn't compare it to any trans am I've ever rode in. It didn't really toss me into the back of the seat as hard as any f body. Plus its doesn't look half as cool as any f body. I also say someone say american cars are to ugly and round and imports look cooler. What the hell? Lets take the civic. Its a damn box with a few 45 and 90 degree angles. Thats just ugly. I can't tell the difference between most of the import cars because they all have the same boring shape. Back to the point the new evo is a good performing car but why get it? If you a rally car driver or a midget its a good idea but otherwise you can get the same performance but actually be comfortable in an American. Plus think if american car companies could put its race cars into production. Nascar monte carlo chevy 350 over 800hp will out handle your evo and it has a shit load of restrictions on it. I guess the point of my rant is why settle for a high performance go-cart when you can have a real car?

so the evo didnt put you back in ya seat, im sure the new gto will put you in ya seat more then the evo, gee but the evo out runs the new gto so whats ya point. you cant tell the difference between the imports cuz you dont car to learn. most old school muscle cars i cant tell the difference cuz i dont care to learn. and since you are talking bout ya nascar how bout a few jap lemans cars or even the r390 gt1 race car. go-cart. there is go carts that run 11s in the 1/4 and hit speed of 120 to 150. but who cares anyway. i love japanese cars and ill never change.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:12 PM   #243
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

This whole thing has been what each person likes. Some like imports, other domestics. Bla, bla, bla, now lets stop arguing because all it is a matter of personal preference.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:16 PM   #244
Jared_80
Banned

Yes which one you like is personal prefrence, but which one preforms better is NOT a matter of personal prefrence. That is whay I tend to side with the imports.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:57 PM   #245
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
MOTORTREND JUNE 2003. do you want the page number too?
Quote:
Heres you motor trend june 2003 specs
2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
POWERTRAIN/CHASSIS
Drivetrain layout Front engine, awd
Engine type Turbocharged I-4, cast-iron blk/alum head
Valve gear DOHC, 4 valves/cyl
Bore x stroke, in/mm 3.35x3.46/ 86.0x88.0
Displacement, ci/cc 122.0 / 1999
Compression ratio 8.8:1
Max horsepower @ rpm 271 @ 6500
Max torque @ rpm 273 @ 3500
Specific output, hp/liter 135.6
Power to weight, lb/hp 12.0
Redline, rpm 7000
Transmission 5-speed manual
Axle/final-drive ratios 4.53:1 / 3.26:1
Suspension, f;r MacPherson struts, anti-roll bar; multilink, coil springs, anti-roll bar
Brakes, f;r 12.7-in vented disc; 11.8-in vented disc, ABS
Wheels, f;r 17x8.0; 17x8.0, cast-spun aluminum
Tires, f;r 235/45ZR17; 235/45ZR17, Yokohama ADVAN A-046
DIMENSIONS
Wheelbase, in 103.3
Track, f;r, in 59.6; 59.6
Length, in 178.5
Width, in 69.7
Height, in 57.1
Curb weight, lb; f/r % 3263; 60/40
Fuel capacity, gal 14.0
CONSUMER INFO
Base price $28,987
Price as tested $30,062
EPA mpg, city/hwy 18/26

Once again, woohoo truly imperssive, I see your intellect is showing through. For all that hoopla you really diden't prove a damn thing. This really is a load of shit,I said I woulden't start up unless somebody brought it on again. I do believe that this has happened.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:17 PM   #246
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared_80
Where is your stock (non-factory custom) 60s car that can take the Evo?? I have never seen one and yes I have looked, even though a few racers have quoted slightly higher 1/4 mile speeds these are not reliable sources, and even if that were the case you would still loose in the slolom, 0-60, 60-0, cornering Gs, and just about any other event, how do you call that better? Before you assume someone is stupid please do your homework and see if they have a point, you might be suprised.
Quote:
HHHMM once again you start
Ok EVO-BOY, and I do mean boy. Did you acctually read any of the info that I gave you, or does it just pass in one eye and out the other, I've googled and read a bunch of info on your little rice waggon, and to this point I remain unimpressed. If this is intended to lean my favor to the garbage, I think your just a bit off, and it may be time for the rubber room. Obvously cannot read a damn word, A ZL1 is a factory car, and sold on the lots in 1969. You beloved J-spec EVO is also a factory custom. And it's curb weight is 3263 #, and this comes from motor trend. So keep arguing and I'll keep backing up American muscle. You say to each his own and then sprout this shit, just shut your pie hole.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:18 PM   #247
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Where is your stock (non-factory custom) 60s car that can take the Evo?? I have never seen one and yes I have looked, even though a few racers have quoted slightly higher 1/4 mile speeds these are not reliable sources, and even if that were the case you would still loose in the slolom, 0-60, 60-0, cornering Gs, and just about any other event, how do you call that better? Before you assume someone is stupid please do your homework and see if they have a point, you might be suprised.
Quote:
HHHMM once again you start
Ok EVO-BOY, and I do mean boy. Did you acctually read any of the info that I gave you, or does it just pass in one eye and out the other, I've googled and read a bunch of info on your little rice waggon, and to this point I remain unimpressed. If this is intended to lean my favor to the garbage, I think your just a bit off, and it may be time for the rubber room. Obvously cannot read a damn word, A ZL1 is a factory car, and sold on the lots in 1969. You beloved J-spec EVO is also a factory custom. And it's curb weight is 3263 #, and this comes from motor trend. So keep arguing and I'll keep backing up American muscle. You say to each his own and then sprout this shit, just shut your pie hole.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:14 PM   #248
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWMAN
The S/S Hemi Barracuda weighs 3000 pounds and does mid-10's. It come from the factory with slicks, it just shows you how fast muscle cars really are if you can just get them to hook up. Oh yeah it's ''rated'' at 425 HP.
I agree there is more to performance than the 1/4 mile. But thats the only reason muscle cars were made for.

sweet car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KustmAce
Real emo kids kill themselves.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:18 PM   #249
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Wow that was the most mature and intelligent thing you have said thus far. Keep it up and you will have me "converted" in no time.

You can shut up to.
Quote:
Old 12-15-2003, 10:23 PM   #250
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
so the evo didnt put you back in ya seat, im sure the new gto will put you in ya seat more then the evo, gee but the evo out runs the new gto so whats ya point. you cant tell the difference between the imports cuz you dont car to learn. most old school muscle cars i cant tell the difference cuz i dont care to learn. and since you are talking bout ya nascar how bout a few jap lemans cars or even the r390 gt1 race car. go-cart. there is go carts that run 11s in the 1/4 and hit speed of 120 to 150. but who cares anyway. i love japanese cars and ill never change.
THE OLD ONE
would whoop ur ass.

THE NEW ONE
to me the gto is an import(made in australia) and its gay cause all they had to do to make it faster is put wider tires on the wheels, another reason why i dont like gm very much, but if i had the money id buy a gto and put bigger tires on it, and the gto was not made to compete with the evo it was made to get ppl into pontiac dealerships so lets leave it out of this.
Quote:
Old 12-15-2003, 10:24 PM   #251
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWMAN
This whole thing has been what each person likes. Some like imports, other domestics. Bla, bla, bla, now lets stop arguing because all it is a matter of personal preference.

thank u!
Quote:
Old 12-15-2003, 10:25 PM   #252
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Yes which one you like is personal prefrence, but which one preforms better is NOT a matter of personal prefrence. That is whay I tend to side with the imports.

ok ok we dont care about your side anymore this is just getting annoying.
Quote:
Old 12-16-2003, 01:26 AM   #253
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Wow that was the most mature and intelligent thing you have said thus far. Keep it up and you will have me "converted" in no time.
Quote:
First off
Nobody wants to convert you, and second, I tried to end this little bitchfest at the same time as PW. Stating that if nobody started up I woulden't either, and you jackass came looking directly for me. And I might add found me, I'm at the same point as PW, let's just agree to disagree and call it good. I've just about had it with looking up facts and spitting them out, cars are about having fun; not making everybody hate you.
Old 12-16-2003, 01:38 AM   #254
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um...Nameless Dork
ok ok we dont care about your side anymore this is just getting annoying.
Quote:
Matter of opinion
Which one will out perform the is more or less a matter of opinion also, I say this due to the fact that you can go to site after site like I have in the past a few days, one site says one thing and another something else, on the same issue. A fact is something proven to be true, if you go from one site to another and thay say different things, is that a logic indicator that their could be some opinions possibly that seep through, and this is not the muscle car sites only or the import sites only. This is places like Motor Trend and Car & Driver's sites. Sites Like Hot Rod mags web site and Car Craft, you'll hear different things at different times on these sites, an indication of just a little opinionation huh.
Old 12-16-2003, 01:49 AM   #255
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
i can not speak for the 60s and i live here in baltimore md, and slick arnt street legal ok there is street slick but you didnt say street you said slick, and 600hp at 1800lbs with a serious driver im sure it can reach mid 9s. maybe lower but im being relistic.
Quote:
About 9.2
Horsepower Results - 1/4 Mile Method
Your 787B weighs about 1800 pounds and can complete a 1/4 mile in about 9.165 seconds. That means that you've got about 462.13 HP at the wheels, and about 600.77 HP at the flywheel.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical