Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
fourpawz
AF Newbie

stock injector sizes ???

I have a 3000gt vr4 tt , what is the largest injectors I can use in a stock configuration ? and a 98 gt base "sohc" same question ,also what are the stock injector sizes in a 91 vr4 tt and the 98 sohc base? the 91 vr4 is basically stock , has K&N cold air ,after market collector @ throttle body/ intake, a up graded fuel pump and a resister chip, it's my daily and the 98 is a dragster project , Any Help Will Be Greatly Appreciated and Thanx

Last edited by fourpawz; 04-04-2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: adding more info.
fourpawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: stock injector sizes ???

TT injectors are 360cc. NA injectors are 210cc.

Unless you add a piggyback you are stuck with stock injectors since you will have no way to control the fuel.

Also you are a little bit backwards. Making the SOHC a dragster priject over the VR4 is insane. The VR4 has twice the horsepower and can be quadruple the horsepower for another couple grand. The SOHC will never see over 200 hp.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
fourpawz
AF Newbie

Thank you for your fast reply and yes I understand how backwards that is ,I am planning for a dohc v6 swap into my 98 ,but for now it's what I have ,the motor & tranny/clutch are very fresh "like new" PLEASE ! if you have any more input ,the more I know the better I like it and Thanks again
Old 04-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
91STT
3SNJ Pres

what stealthee said plus get rid of the resistor chip, they are useless on our cars.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

I have lots of input. Do not waste your time trying to make a drag car out of a FWD 3s. There are 2 count them 2 FWD 3s's running quicker than a 12. Both of those are FWD TT's. The one car ran an 11.8 ONCE 5 years ago and never was able to repeat it. The other ran a 10.9, then eventually bested a 10.1 and hasn't ran in over 2 seasons.

No one else has even come close. Also don't waste your time swapping from a SOHC to a DOHC. The DOHC is not exactly a direct drop in. So many things need changed in order to make it work. Daily drive the SOHC and turn the VR4 into a drag project. For the money you'd be putting into the SOHC you will have had the money worth buying 3 other VR4's before its even considered fast.

Also important to note that just adding larger injectors does NOT add power. There is absolutely no need for larger injectors on a NA 3s. You will never be able to max them. In fact NA's run very rich from the factory.

On the TT stock injectors are perfectly fine with stock turbos. Just going with bigger injectors wont net more power because the boost will run out before you run out of fuel. Some people however do upgrade, needlessly in my opinon, to DSM 450cc injectors while keeping stock turbos to give a "safer" tune. The only problem is they then need a fuel controller and a way to monitor everything for proper tuning unless they go to a dyno and have it tuned.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:06 PM   #6
fourpawz
AF Newbie

Thanks , I may have more questions soon

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth