Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 09:31 PM   #61
SpankingGT
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to SpankingGT
So the guy got lucky that a 16 year old was driving the cobra! A blown, well tuned cobra with a good driver will show Any SI its light from stop all the way to top-end! If the kid drives his brothers car, he obviously has no experience on launching/shifting! Lucky indeed! I don't have a blown cobra but I can get a blown LS1 if you would want to go at it! I'm in NJ!
Old 07-07-2002, 10:12 PM   #62
JasonAccord98LX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JasonAccord98LX
Quote:
Originally posted by narfmasta

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Including a 11 second NA Drag Integra
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big whoop. There are plenty of corvettes, mustangs, and old muscle cars easily breaking 11's NA.

quote:
Did you even bother to read all the posts? If you would have, you would have realized that its not his car and about 3 others have confirmed that this SI is truly that fast. Why would someone lie about a race they saw between two strangers?

How do we know that these 3 people aren't all friends that decided to make up some bullshit ricer story???

quote:
It will smoke you, it will smoke me, it will smoke just about anything on the road.

I know of several 7-8 second 1/4 mile cars that run on the street, so it won't smoke just about anything. But, I guess it's not possible to run 7-8 seconds on the street since Vin Diesel only ran 10's in fast and the furious.

quote:
I'll tell you what, smart guy. Obviously you had nothing else better to do cept mock my cuzin about his "language".

Since when did Ebonics become a internationally recognized language? I haven't ever seen a class that teaches it nor have I seen any books that teaches it. But who knows, someone might be writing "Hooked On Ebonics."

quote:
Anyways fer u guys who dont believe wah happend...u swear i care i wuz jus informing u of wah i saw any many others saw too.

Really LSvTeCbOi01, learn the English language, it'll help you get somewhere in life.

quote:
The Civic Si is one of the best platforms to work with and it comes factory with the B16A, which is the 350 of 4 cylinder motors.

But it's still a P.O.S. Civic and it's still a P.O.S. 4 cylinder....

quote:
Hell, the Z06 makes a Cobra look like an idiot and the Z06 isn't even that high of a supercar

Actually the 2003 Cobra really isn't too far off of a Z06. Get your facts straight.

quote:
Don't diss on Honda buddy, more people have died behind the wheel of highpowered rear-wheel drive American cars, then in front wheel drive Japanese cars.

And highpowered rear-wheel drive American cars are also running 4 seconds in the 1/4 mile. What's the fastest Honda run????

quote:
If this guy is what they claim he is, then I'd be suprised if that Cobra was within FIFTEEN car lengths of that Si because with the right tuning

Okay you said high 13 sec car is what a Mustang is... I don't think that 3 sec difference in the 1/4 mile = 15 car lengths. Retard.

quote:
A Cobra with a supercharger and bolt on's wouldn't even have wetdreams of hitting those times

You are an idiot.

quote:
Team S2
0-60 = 7.3
1/4 Mile = 15.5
Current Mods: P&P head, custom cold air intake.

LOL!!! HAHAHA. Why the hell do you bother to even post that? That is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen!

quote:
this guy probably has one of the fastest civics in the united states...super street should do a cover on him killing supercharged svt cobras....hmmm

Yeah and Johnny Tran has the fastest S2000, and Brian Spilner had the fastest Eclipse before it was blown up by Asian sportbike riders. That is one of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen.

All of you import enthusiasts who think that 11 sec. is an awesome time should go down to the drag strip and watch the big boys.

Oh great, another hater who uses his FIRST post to come in here and make fun of other peoples cars. What the hell is wrong with you man? You come in here and make fun of how people talk, what their opinions are, their rides, even their fucking tastes in movies. That post is a good way to NEVER be allowed to post again. If you keep up that attitude, you wont last long here. Automotive forums is not a 2nd grade classroom where people pick on and tease each other--so stop acting so damn immature. People like you need to get a life and learn that not everyone has the same opinions and likes/dislikes as you. If you are going to continue to be a butthole, then get the hell out of here--because you arent wanted and wont be tolerated.

Welcome to AF, hopefully your rotten/hating attitude will change.

'98 Honda Accord Sedan 2.3L VTEC 4cyl 5-speed
Generic Cold Air Intake
205/60/15 Bridgestone Potenza RE950's

Save the Oompa-Loompas.....a site I helped create
http://www.oompa-loompas.net
Old 07-07-2002, 10:35 PM   #63
Self
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Self
Quote:
Originally posted by illracer
i don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet (i'm not about to go back and read through 4 pages of posts ) but 2000 Cobras were never made. in 99 there was a major recall because the "Cobras" were underpowered. The only 2000 Cobra was the Cobra R where roughly 300 or so were made. Sure it wasn't a V6 with an SVT Cobra insignia? (the domestic equivalent of a 4 door non-vtec Civic with a Type R logo) Either you're mistaken or more likely you're lying.:finger4:

That said an Si would have to run a pretty high boost to keep up with an even mildly supercharged 4 valve 4.6 stang. Forget about keeping those stock internals.. The Si's a respectable car but it would take quit a bit to keep up with an SVT Cobra.

I'm lying?? We're all lying? It's running 20+ lbs of boost. It's a TUNER car. It's a SHOP-OWNED TUNER VEHICLE. The owner of the car owns the vehicle. Have none of you seen the video of the hatch running 24 lbs of boost smoking the Viper??? Why do you not think this is possible? When I myself, along with 3 other members on the board witnessed this with our own eyes?? I thought it was a '00 Cobra, but since then I've learned that they weren't made, so it obviously wasn't a '00. It wasn't too much older than that though. It IS an SVT Cobra, I've seen the engine AND the supercharger before. It is a real Cobra, it is a real blower guys...I'm not lying, and neither are the three other people who saw the race and posted it here...thannnnkkksss....
Old 07-07-2002, 10:41 PM   #64
02ws6RED
AF Newbie

Bullshit , you said 12 psi ? wrong i know i guy who fuckin boosts 10 and can barely fuckin pull a 13 flat , fuckin rice boys when will you learn that your econoboxes are not fast ....
Old 07-07-2002, 10:46 PM   #65
JasonAccord98LX
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by 02ws6RED
fuckin rice boys when will you learn that your econoboxes are not fast ....
Please get the hell out of the honda/acura forum then. All you are going to do is start flame wars! If you hate hondas, then talking about them is obviously a waste of your time.

Thank you.

Generic Cold Air Intake

Old 07-07-2002, 10:59 PM   #66
Self
AF Fanatic

Quote:

Big whoop. There are plenty of corvettes, mustangs, and old muscle cars easily breaking 11's NA.

Uhh...I drive a Z28...I am in the 11 second area NA...11 seconds for a 4 cylinder vehicle is FAST. 11 seconds is faster than most cars on the road, considering only about 1 of 1000 vehicles on the street is that fast...

Quote:

How do we know that these 3 people aren't all friends that decided to make up some bullshit ricer story???
I can tell you right now...We ARE all three friends...But's it's not a ricer story...Once again, I drive a Z28...And it's also not a BS story. I've been on here for 2 years now...What reason do I have to suddenly start making up BS stories where Honda's smoke domestics??

Quote:

But it's still a P.O.S. Civic and it's still a P.O.S. 4 cylinder....
If you don't like four-cylinders, and more specifically Honda's...why are you here??? Thhhaaannnnkkkssss...

Quote:

And highpowered rear-wheel drive American cars are also running 4 seconds in the 1/4 mile. What's the fastest Honda run????
5 seconds I believe...4000 hp Drag Integra...
Old 07-07-2002, 11:04 PM   #67
JasonAccord98LX
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Self

I thought that Stefan Papadakis races the fastest four-banger in the world. Its listed at 8.12@180.

http://www.stephanpapadakis.com/about.htm

Self, im not trying to argue with you or anything....I am just curious if any hondas really do run 5's.

Generic Cold Air Intake

Old 07-07-2002, 11:27 PM   #68
boosted331
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: That story is biggest bullshit crap i've ever heard

Quote:
Originally posted by S2Corolla

If this guy is what they claim he is, then I'd be suprised if that Cobra was within FIFTEEN car lengths of that Si because with the right tuning, a street driven Civic Si with boost and no nitrous oxide can run low 11's, high 10's. A Cobra with a supercharger and bolt on's wouldn't even have wetdreams of hitting those times.
ignorance at it's finest.

I had a 99 cobra, after the "fix" it put down 270 horsepower, 268 ft-lbs. I strapped on a 12 pound procharger, a star spec stage 4 clutch, an AFM power pipe, long tubes, an O/R X, a magnaflow catback, swapped the stock IRS for a GT live axle with 4.56 gears, a steeda G-trac suspension kit, 18x9 Y2K Cobra-R wheels and 305/45/18 555R's. I was hitting high 10's at 125 MPH with bolt ons, and good driving. The heads or intake never came off the car, and it was my daily driver up untill last summer. Did I mention it put down almost 500 on pump gas? Try and get a civic to run on pump, with the stock rods, crank, pistons, head, intake, throttle body, and without major weight reduction. Don't feel so proud that your fully built drag car beat a bolt on car buddy.
Old 07-08-2002, 12:14 AM   #69
Self
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by JasonAccord98LX

I thought that Stefan Papadakis races the fastest four-banger in the world. Its listed at 8.12@180.

http://www.stephanpapadakis.com/about.htm

Self, im not trying to argue with you or anything....I am just curious if any hondas really do run 5's.
First of all, I can tell you that Abel Ibarra, in is Rx7 runs a 7.58...So No, Steven Papadakis isn't the fastest by any means...
But what I was referring to is actually, the 4.8 liter 4000 rwhp Nitromethane top fuel Integra funny car built and owned by Norwood Racind. It is THE fastest four-banger in the world. It clocks 5 second quarter miles. It's WAAAAY out of the league that Ibarra and Papadakis race in, like I said it's a top fuel funny car, but since he used a top-fuel example, I feel it's only fair to provide a top fuel import example...You can get all the details here... http://www.turbomagazine.com/archive...2_tech01.shtml
This car was the topic of a HUGE discussion over in the technical section of this forum. So while it's still a second off of the domestic Top Fuelers, it's DAMN GOOD for an I4!!!
Old 07-08-2002, 12:17 AM   #70
Self
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: That story is biggest bullshit crap i've ever heard

Quote:
Originally posted by boosted331

I had a 99 cobra, after the "fix" it put down 270 horsepower, 268 ft-lbs. I strapped on a 12 pound procharger, a star spec stage 4 clutch, an AFM power pipe, long tubes, an O/R X, a magnaflow catback, swapped the stock IRS for a GT live axle with 4.56 gears, a steeda G-trac suspension kit, 18x9 Y2K Cobra-R wheels and 305/45/18 555R's. I was hitting high 10's at 125 MPH with bolt ons, and good driving. The heads or intake never came off the car, and it was my daily driver up untill last summer. Did I mention it put down almost 500 on pump gas? Try and get a civic to run on pump, with the stock rods, crank, pistons, head, intake, throttle body, and without major weight reduction. Don't feel so proud that your fully built drag car beat a bolt on car buddy.
Thanks for the enlightenment and it sounds like a nice car you had. And I like Cobra R rims...Those are the ones with the "studs" on the lip, right? I would get those if it wasn't the worlds GREATEST SIN to put Mustang rims on a Camaro!
Old 07-08-2002, 12:19 AM   #71
JasonAccord98LX
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

First of all, I can tell you that Abel Ibarra, in is Rx7 runs a 7.58...So No, Steven Papadakis isn't the fastest by any means...
But what I was referring to is actually, the 4.8 liter 4000 rwhp Nitromethane top fuel Integra funny car built and owned by Norwood Racind. It is THE fastest four-banger in the world. It clocks 5 second quarter miles. It's WAAAAY out of the league that Ibarra and Papadakis race in, like I said it's a top fuel funny car, but since he used a top-fuel example, I feel it's only fair to provide a top fuel import example...You can get all the details here... http://www.turbomagazine.com/archive...2_tech01.shtml
This car was the topic of a HUGE discussion over in the technical section of this forum. So while it's still a second off of the domestic Top Fuelers, it's DAMN GOOD for an I4!!!
COOL! Thanks for the info self Very cool, indeed.

Generic Cold Air Intake

Old 07-08-2002, 12:20 AM   #72
JasonAccord98LX
AF Enthusiast

Now that you mention that discussion about the 4000 hp drag integra, I do seem to recall reading that thread.

Generic Cold Air Intake

Old 07-08-2002, 05:00 AM   #73
S2Corolla
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to S2Corolla
Re: Re: Re: That story is biggest bullshit crap i've ever heard

Quote:
Originally posted by boosted331

You had all that, and you are wasting so many hours of your time arguing with people you don't know about cars you've never seen? And you call my actions ignorance at its finest?

Oh yeah and the proper way is "its". "It's" is actually "it is" making what you said as "ignorance at it is finest" Meaning that what you said made no fucking sense what so ever. Hey, the Cobra lost, oh well.... It doesn't matter who the driver was the point is, he lost. Did the Civic hit the finish line before the Supercharged SVT? YES... Does that mean he lost? YES...
So what are you arguing? Were you there? NO...
Current Mods: P&P head, custom cold air intake.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:42 AM   #74
illracer
AF Regular

Quote:

I'm lying?? We're all lying? It's running 20+ lbs of boost. It's a TUNER car. It's a SHOP-OWNED TUNER VEHICLE. The owner of the car owns the vehicle. Have none of you seen the video of the hatch running 24 lbs of boost smoking the Viper??? Why do you not think this is possible? When I myself, along with 3 other members on the board witnessed this with our own eyes?? I thought it was a '00 Cobra, but since then I've learned that they weren't made, so it obviously wasn't a '00. It wasn't too much older than that though. It IS an SVT Cobra, I've seen the engine AND the supercharger before. It is a real Cobra, it is a real blower guys...I'm not lying, and neither are the three other people who saw the race and posted it here...thannnnkkksss....
i live in No VA and am familiar with new image performance in springfield, i know it well though i've never seen their SI. all my work is done at CDE performance (which is by far better) in merrifield. i didn't say it was impossible that they ran a mustang and won, all i said is its likely that you and the person who started this thread (the only two people who have verified it by the way) are either lying or got the facts wrong. The fact that its a shop owned car means nothing. hopefully the shop owner would show more restraint than to STREETRACE a kid in any mustang in BROAD DAYLIGHT (personally i wouldn't want someone that stupid working on my car). damn.. and should be said that the civic hatch from the video from Hondahookup or Morpheus or what have you is full tube frame chassis drag civic with stripped interior while the viper was bone stock. Modify a Viper that much and see how fast it is. and whats not to say the Viper's driver was a dumbass when it came to shifting or let the civic win for the sake of the video (you can rent vipers at certain places.):finger4:

But don't get me wrong I have no vendetta against Hondas. Like any cars they can be made fast as long as you got the grip necessary to make it that way.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:49 AM   #75
illracer
AF Regular

Quote:

another tube chassis at its finest. and its R W D!! Bring up cars like this and Papadakis' pro-fwd car is irrelevant because they aren't.. street.. legal!!