Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 07:39 AM   #136
fselldorff
AF Newbie

Re: Re: F1 Owner on board

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini magic
do u know how much you would have to change to make the car handle if you fit a bigger engine in it. keep it original. btw, good luck again getting a gtr here for more than a few months
i don't know, i would have to ask McLaren.
fselldorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 07:45 AM   #137
fselldorff
AF Newbie

Re: F1 Owner on board

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpd
I've got a question for Mr Selldorff.

I'm part of a team that is simulating a few cars that will be included in a modification for the F12002 racing-simulation. One of those cars is the Mclaren F1, and there will most likely be an F1 LM to arrive slightly later down the track.

Would it be possible if we could perhaps get your advice on various aspects of the F1's performance, and to perhaps do some beta testing for us, so we can attempt to verify that what we are doing is correct and accurate to the real car.

If you are interested, please contact me via private message, and we can discuss this further.

So far, the car appears like this:

This is still in early development so far.

Thanks for listening, and thanks for sharing your experiences with these wonderful and amazing cars with us.
-For everyone's benefit I'll answer it here.

I am willing to help enthusiasts as much as possible. However, the information I provide should be used for non-commercial purposes. I am a lucky guy and desire share my good fortune with those who appreciate it and it is shared for free. I bleieve it should stay free from that point forward. make sense? PM me if you have any comments on this or any requests that need to remain confidential.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:10 PM   #138
AdamT
AF Newbie

Dear Mr Frank Selldorf,

I know this has been said before many times, but thank you very much for you kindness and generosity in answering questions about your magnificent cars.

I was lucky enough to have a ride in a Mclaren F1 GTR no.10 (I think) at Goodwood and that car was absolutely stunning to say the least!

Is it true that your 068 car is here in britain? If so are you planning on coming over here to drive it?

The reason I ask is that we have a very good airfield that we use regularly called bruntingthorpe which has a 2.3 mile straight...and one can book it for the day....

We currently own a RUF R turbo, not quite in the same league as a Mclaren but pretty close (i like to think anyway )
and the mere thought of these two cars together at bruntingthorpe actually makes me giddy.

If you want to come over to England and drive 068. I would be more than honoured to prepare a day at Bruntingthorpe where we could compare and drive the two cars, in a safe, restriction free environment.

Here is my story of our delivery of the RUF:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...threadid=30489

and this was us doing 0-190mph at bruntingthorpe:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...&highlight=ruf

thank you again, it is really exceptional of you to be here,

all the best
adam
AdamT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 06:14 PM   #139
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

A Ruf!!! Omg!! Can I See It When I Come Over In December!!! Pm Me!

Btw, nice pix
mini magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 11:55 PM   #140
cche2052
AF Regular

Dear Mr Selldorff,

I have a quick question
What is the road clearance of a Mclaren? Do you have difficulty going over speed bumps or onto driveway ramps?

Regards,
Calvin
cche2052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 12:01 AM   #141
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche
Hey AdamT,

Amazing story about the R Turbo, I was given a link.. a number of months ago now and spent a lot of time reading every last word. In terms of good car related things that happen people, you have a number on all of us.

I think I need to put up a

There's just too much eye candy that's not getting posted.

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 05:06 AM   #142
AdamT
AF Newbie

I dont really want to hijack the thread, however ill post one new pic i took of the ruf whilst at Goodwood

all the best
adam

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictur...ption=dsc01084
Old 11-16-2003, 01:03 AM   #143
sideshowrich
2 people short of a 3way

Send a message via AIM to sideshowrich Send a message via MSN to sideshowrich

Mr. Selldorff, its been said many times here, but thank you once again for sharing your experiences with us all. I actually introduced a friend of mine to the splendor that is the McLaren F1 tonight, courtesy of the internet, and he is totally smitten with the car. The extent of his car knowledge is gas on the right, brake on the left, but he immediately recognized the F1 as a "god among cars" (his exact words).
As for my questions:
1) Have you ever had to teach someone a lesson on the street? Some ricer that just wouldn't go away, or even an exotic looking for a good challenge (or whupping, in this case )? Any close races, or even loses? Earlier you said you like to keep it tame, but with a car like that must be very tempting to open up once in a while.
2) Any trouble/hassle from law enforcement due to the car? Busted at all? Or do they look up and say "There goes Frank again."?
3) And I too am curious about the road clearance, and do you have trouble with speed bumps, driveways, etc?
Thanks again for this opportunity, not too many chances like this come up often.
sideshowrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 12:55 PM   #144
the_other_guy
AF Newbie

First off I would like to say that this is my first post on this forum ever.
I have been reading here for a while now, but I really felt the need to comment here especially.

It is very nice to see such an enthusiast be so generous to a community of fans. Thank you very much for being a true gentleman.

This topic is one that continues to hold my attention as I have lusted over this car for almost its entire existence, seeing that at the time, I was below the driving age and hadn't paid much attention. Things do indeed change when you get your first set of keys It is again very nice of you to participate in this forum.

Now that I have that out of the way, I second the question of ground clearance. Up here in Michigan I doubt I would ever be able to own one (money not withstanding) due to potholes and a few parking lot entrances I know of
the_other_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 08:11 PM   #145
fselldorff
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cche2052
Dear Mr Selldorff,

I have a quick question
What is the road clearance of a Mclaren? Do you have difficulty going over speed bumps or onto driveway ramps?

Regards,
Calvin
For the most part, the car's clearance is fine. Some speed bumps are higher than others, but except for extreme examples, I can get over them without scraping by slowing down to a full stop. I had McLaren add some aluminum blocks under the nose to help prevent damage, they work well. They touch occaissionally, but protect the car successfully.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:15 PM   #146
fselldorff
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshowrich
As for my questions:
1) Have you ever had to teach someone a lesson on the street? Some ricer that just wouldn't go away, or even an exotic looking for a good challenge (or whupping, in this case )? Any close races, or even loses? Earlier you said you like to keep it tame, but with a car like that must be very tempting to open up once in a while.
2) Any trouble/hassle from law enforcement due to the car? Busted at all? Or do they look up and say "There goes Frank again."?
3) And I too am curious about the road clearance, and do you have trouble with speed bumps, driveways, etc?
Thanks again for this opportunity, not too many chances like this come up often.
1) It's nice being able to make anybody "go away" if I want to, and have done so on more than one occaission. No close races. Biggest fun is running past superbikes on the highway.
2) My only ticket was for doing 40 in a 25. ask Drew to post pics
Old 11-18-2003, 08:27 PM   #147
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25
Re: Re: Re: F1 Owner on board

Quote:
Originally Posted by fselldorff
2) My only ticket was for doing 40 in a 25. ask Drew to post pics
Didn't you explain to the officer that the McLaren simply can't do 25mph??

Hey Drew - you heard what the man said, and you know how we love pictures.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:44 AM   #148
AdamT
AF Newbie

Mr Selldorff,

I was wondering if perhaps you missed my post above, regarding a visit to England?

all the best
adam

Last edited by AdamT; 11-19-2003 at 06:56 AM.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:07 AM   #149
fselldorff
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamT
Mr Selldorff,

I was wondering if perhaps you missed my post above, regarding a visit to England?

all the best
adam
Sorry Adam,

I appreciate your offer, however I have no plans to drive 068 at this point, it has less than 100 miles on it and I'd like to keep it that way.

I am sure that at some point in the future I'll have a car back to the Factory for major work. If your offer is still good then, then I'd be happy to go for a drive at an airport.

Frank
Old 11-19-2003, 07:23 AM   #150
maartenvanthek
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to maartenvanthek
please tell me when, i'll fly there for it, and this is no joke
maartenvanthek is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1