Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Envoy
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 08:37 AM   #1
03LTZ
AF Newbie

2002 - 2005 Envoy Outside dimming mirrors

I just picked up a used 2002 Envoy which has outside dimming mirrors...... However, I noticed the driver's side dims, but the passenger side does not......

My question to all, is should they both dim? Or is it only noticable to the passenger sitting in the passenger seat?? (Which would be kinda dumb........)

Thanks in advance.

03LTZ
03LTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:23 PM   #2
G-Money
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: 2002 - 2005 Envoy Outside dimming mirrors

The only mirror that is suppose to dimm is the drive side and the rearview mirror only. Everything is fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LTZ
I just picked up a used 2002 Envoy which has outside dimming mirrors...... However, I noticed the driver's side dims, but the passenger side does not......

My question to all, is should they both dim? Or is it only noticable to the passenger sitting in the passenger seat?? (Which would be kinda dumb........)

Thanks in advance.

03LTZ
G-Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:18 PM   #3
03LTZ
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 2002 - 2005 Envoy Outside dimming mirrors

Whew........ Dodged another bullet.... Thanks for the research......

03LTZ
Old 02-01-2005, 11:11 PM   #4
JAUSTIN
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: 2002 - 2005 Envoy Outside dimming mirrors

I have a 2002 Envoy SLT and recently experienced the same phenomenon with the outside rearview mirrors. The original brochure for the 2002 Envoy states “Light-sensitive outside rearview mirrors.” There is a special line for the “Light-sensitive inside rearview mirror with compass.” I had my dealer look at both mirrors and they indicated that both were working as designed. However, I still notice that the driver’s side mirror will change from fully reflective to nearly dark green while the passenger’s side mirror remains fully reflective. I have an extended warranty and would like to get the passenger’s side mirror repaired if it is indeed broken. I would assume that if both mirrors are dimming, there should be a light sensor for each; presumably built into the mirror. Is there a single light sensor? I am getting conflicting information from the brochure, the previous post, and my dealer. Does anyone know where I can find a concrete answer? Has anyone removed the mirror? I would appreciate any help in maintaining my limited sanity.
JAUSTIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:12 AM   #5
03LTZ
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2002 - 2005 Envoy Outside dimming mirrors

Jaustin

My build sheet also says "D25-Light Sensitive HTD, PWR OSRV Mirrors", however on page 2-57 of the owners manual it states: "Electrochromic Rearview Outside Mirror with Curb View Assist (If Equipped) If your vehicle has this feature, the driver's outside mirror will adjust for the glare of the headlamps behind you."

So I'm guessing, that the driver's side mirror is the only one that should be dimming....... They should remove the "s" from "mirrors" in the brochure and the build sheet...........

Keep me posted if you hear anything different........

03LTZ

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Envoy