Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 09:59 AM   #1
slogan1984
AF Newbie

Help with seat removal on my 91 Prizm

Someone tried to break into the trunk of my 91 Geo prizm. Why? I have no idea. But now the lock is totally messed up and on my Geo, there is no trunk release. So, I want to know if there's a way to remove the back seat because also the seats don't have a release either. I wouldn't care usually, but I need stuff in my trunk. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
slogan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:15 PM   #2
krazykirb
AF Newbie

Re: Help with seat removal on my 91 Prizm

Hope it's not too late.....I have a 94 prizm and have had other cars as well but when it comes to removing the back seat, it's pretty much the same for most cars. Obviously your seats don't fold down cuz you woulda tried that already.....all you have to do is.....start with the bottom seat first. Start on one end and slide your hand underneath and lift directly up. The seat should have 2 or 3 snap ons holding it in place. (if you have never removed the seats before, it might feel like you're gonna break the seat. Trust me you wont, keep lifting). Once you have removed the bottom seat, you might notice some bolts holding down the back seat. Nothing your rachet set can't handle. You might have 2-3 bolts also. Once you remove the back seat there might be a plastic divider (94 prizm has one, yours might not). There's nothing holding the divider and therefore easy to remove. After that....VIOLA!! You're in your trunk.

good luck!
krazykirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:00 AM   #3
slogan1984
AF Newbie

Thanks for the info. But it's a tad too late. I ended up breaking one side. But thanks!
slogan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 01:04 PM   #4
krazykirb
AF Newbie

Ouch!! Sorry to hear about your seat. I recently replaced all of my seats in my car from a 97 prizm. (mine's a 94). They are virtually new!! I went to a "You-Pull-It" junk yard and paid $39 for all of them. The rear seat only cost me $12.99. Something to consider!!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > General Discussion