Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 12:37 PM   #16
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: 300ZX, why so heavy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewyorkKopter
oh thanks. btw, can you get the bumpers, sideskirts, and wing off this '98 300ZX for the 90-96 300ZX?

yes you may...we refer to it as the 99' J-spec. Nissan totally revised the Z32 in Japan in 99' giving it all new headlights with HIDs, new side skirts, new front bumper, spoiler, recaro racing seats, and some other red stitching on the interior leather pieces.

you can all of these pieces at almost any Z store or order them straight through the dealership.

www.conceptzperformance.com
www.300zx.com
www.amzperformance.com

just to name a few. i personally have the front bumper on my 2+2, i dont really care for the side skirts and i like the 90-93 spoiler better. i would love the headlights but $1600 is too rich for my blood.

also, on a 2 seater those side skirts will not fit but they can be modified to fit.

and yes the NSX will rape almost anything under $100k on a track but on the street where 98% of people drive these types of cars, it will not do you an ounce of good. the average driver cannot push any of these jap super cars to their limits handling wise.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:04 PM   #17
NewyorkKopter
AF Enthusiast

o wow thanks for the sites. Nissan should've brought the '99 Model here too... it looks really nice with that new front fascia. The sideskirts, yea I could without'em, the rear wing, its okay. That rear diffuser from Ab-Flug on AMZ would be nice too.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:57 PM   #18
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewyorkKopter
o wow thanks for the sites. Nissan should've brought the '99 Model here too... it looks really nice with that new front fascia. The sideskirts, yea I could without'em, the rear wing, its okay. That rear diffuser from Ab-Flug on AMZ would be nice too.
Z32 parts are in abundance, you just have to know where to look.

due to how much Nissan put into R&D for the Z32 by 1996 they needed to make a stretch to regain their funds so the years went on the Z got more and more expensive therefore the sales going down and down. i don't know the number of Z32's sold in 1996 but it was surely less than 50% of what they sold in 1990. Nissan was in huge trouble...but we the consumer, ended up with a very nice car at a very reasonable, affordable price but a Japanese sports car has to be really something special for people to purchase it over a corvette in america. thats just the way it is...

good luck with your search for a Z32. i think you will truly fall in love with it AND other's complaints with the car, you will begin to see that they are overly exaggerated. i have driven a couple Z32TT's and you do not notice it weight at all because it carries it so well. thats what a well designed, torquey 3.0L Twin Turbo motor does for you.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 02-22-2009, 10:00 AM   #19
gurugary
AF Newbie

I have a 92 Slick Top that has no HICAS or AC , it is a JDM TT, it feels pretty light. Let me know if anyone wants to buy, I have Bought a 928 S4 (heavy)
Thx Guys
gurugary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:54 PM   #20
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

There was a TT slick top in japan... but not here in the states.. The Targa top was considered to be a luxury option so all TTs got them here in the USDM. There are very few slick top NAs left in the US of A... or Canada for that matter. I think at last time I checked a few websites they listed around 200-300 total... But I dont know how accurate that was. And that was about 3 years ago.

Hodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:48 PM   #21
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
There was a TT slick top in japan... but not here in the states.. The Targa top was considered to be a luxury option so all TTs got them here in the USDM. There are very few slick top NAs left in the US of A... or Canada for that matter. I think at last time I checked a few websites they listed around 200-300 total... But I dont know how accurate that was. And that was about 3 years ago.
The amount of Slicktop's that have been converted to TT here in the states is very large. It is the ultimate performance 300zx to be had therefore enthusiasts are building them more and more.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 09-25-2010, 10:34 AM   #22
Puree
AF Newbie

Just commenting on the slicktop 300zx topic. I have a silver 1990 slicktop 2 seater and its was shipped to Canada from Japan 2 years ago. I am the first and only person to have it insured in Canada. It is a TWIN TURBO RHD... Ive been told there were only 6% made standard and 6% made automatic. This makes this car a very RARE car to find.
Puree is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)