Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 09:59 AM   #1
tractorboy
AF Regular

80 Lincoln Cont

I hated it, not really sure of the year, might have been 83, 84. My father owned it, so I had to work on it. First it never ran right, I could not get it to, nor could the dealer. Found out it was the TFI unit that ford produced for 10 years that they knew was deffective, but covered up the defect for 10 years. The block was a V-8 302 with piston port fuel injection. Ford did not even design a new block for the car, you could see on the block where a mechanical fuel pump would attach. So all they did was slap on a different manifold and fuel injection, which made it almost impossible to remove the last 2 spark plugs on the drivers side, because of that and the brake booster. The car had rotors all the way around, nice, till they had to be serviced, the parking brake was incorporated into the back caliper pistons and in my opinion was over designed, should have spent the time on the TFI module, It drove and handled like the whole bottom of the car was made with lead. It was expensive and a step down from the 78 Caprice classic that he had prior. We had always had Chevrolets...oh well that was only the second automobile blunder in 30 years, the first was one my Mom agrees with and mentions. In 1957 my Dad set out to buy a blue 57 chevy and came home with a Plymouth.
tractorboy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General