Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #151
F1Tommy
AF Enthusiast

Re: Jordan 191

His later models are even better, but I also noticed some minor problems on his smaller scale models. Here is his Ferrari 315S 1957. It is almost perfect, but very large in 1/8th scale. Looks real in the photos. Patrice is I think the best large scale builder still alive.
I see several builders on this forum heading in the same direction as Patrice. Some amazing stuff on this site.

http://minidelta.be/index.php?option...315s&Itemid=98

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2010 model/photo contest-Chicago April 24th 2010

Last edited by F1Tommy; 03-28-2010 at 07:20 PM.
F1Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:19 AM   #152
jaykay640
AF Enthusiast

I have to correct myself. The models i was referring to were by one Michele Conti.
That 315S is an absolute beauty! :-)
jaykay640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:41 AM   #153
Entau
AF Enthusiast

i have no words for your work, wow is just sounds too normal as your work is truly amazing, pushing limit to the max

did you use any magnifying glass for those really tiny stuff?
Entau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:42 AM   #154
maxone
AF Newbie

Location: Verona, the city of Romeo&Juliet and "lesso con la pearà"

Thank you jay for tips about the Necuron. I stay tuned on this 3D.
maxone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:41 AM   #155
mrawl
AF Enthusiast

Huge props for your skill and commitment to perfection, it's really something to behold. I do agree that the belt material, although very good, is not as perfect as the rest of this masterpiece. The texture is nice, but it looks like you need a slightly finer material. Anyway, not to worry, it's still great, and that gear shift is outrageous, and I love the work you did on the wheel - the center plate and the perfect texture you achieved for the rim. One other comment if I may, the paint looks very shiny and glassy, though that's an extreme closeup of course, I'm sure you'll get a killer finish for the final job. Brilliant work bro', just fantastic.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:17 PM   #156
jaykay640
AF Enthusiast

Hi

After a somewhat longer break here’s another update. The reason for this was the suspension I started to install. Despite all my efforts I got fitment and alignment troubles. It’s really amazing and frustrating at the same time how much some paint and glue can mess up parts fit. I have to learn to build with bigger tolerances it seems.
I got so annoyed and angry about all my efforts to do the build as clean as I can go down the crapper that I decided to put the model away for a bit and do other things, or other it might have come to an untimely end :-)
Anyway, I finally got back to it and managed to fix the issues mostly so here we go. For a change after all the cockpit and monocoque stuff I started on the rear suspension.

I started by installing the yellowish/orange looking parts. These were all painted Alclad transparent yellow over a Zero silver base and finished off with a thin layer of matt enamel clear for the anodized look. The little arms of the anti roll bar were connected to the bell cranks with thin painted tubes and rod end details. The arms should be vertical as per the real ones, but in that position they would have collided with the cowling…

Next I installed the rear damper reservoirs and connected them to the dampers with ProTech braided line ( very nice stuff ) and R.B.Motion A/N-Fittings.

Then I could start with the lower suspension arms and pushrods. The Jordan 191 usually gets the credit of being the first F1 car to use CF pushrods. However, when I wanted to put CF decals on the pushrods and started checking reference pictures for the pattern orientation I was surprised to not find any picture of the rear pushrods in CF. It turns out it wasn’t used on the rear ones as the resins of the time couldn’t stand the heat from the exhaust. That sent me into more checking. I only found one useful picture of the front pushrods at Spa in the F1Modeling Schumacher Special but it shows that he didn’t have CF ones! I guess ol’ Eddie Jordan was afraid that stupid pay driver kid might break his costly pushrods and left them off :-)
Anyway, as a result I left the CF decals off and painted all the suspension arms with a mix of Jet Black and some Alclad steel for a hint of metallic sparkle, followed by some matt clear to take off the shine. Below these layers I first put on some paint dots to replicate what I guess are spot welding points. These are visible in all the pictures.

Then I installed the uprights with the brakeducts already glued on, followed by the driveshafts and upper suspension arms. It was quite tricky because there were a lot of ends coming together at the same time and at this point the fitment issues really started…
Anyway, for the record, the uprights are painted in a mix of matt enamel black and aluminium because enamel paint can give a rougher ( cast metal ) look than Zero when airbrushed at high pressure. The brakeducts received the same CF treatment that I previously described and were sanded and lightly polished ( and yes, it took ages to do them but I’m pretty proud about how they turned out :-) The driveshafts are painted Alclad Magnesium over a black base.

Here’s a view of all parts assembled from the top rear. You can see that despite my efforts around the rear wing support things are not perfectly aligned but once the rear wing is in place this will be less visible :-)

Another view of one of the brake ducts. The CF pattern orientation is true to the real one :-)

And finally a view from the rear.

Now I have to get to the front suspension…there are more issues to fix! CU again for that :-)
jaykay640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:31 PM   #157
F1Tommy
AF Enthusiast

A work of art!

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2010 model/photo contest-Chicago April 24th 2010
F1Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:39 PM   #158
CifeNet
AF Enthusiast

This is heavenly!

And that C/F brake ducts are so gorgeous to look at, you are killing me with this!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #159
kans0002
AF Regular

I can't wait to see more!
kans0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:06 AM   #160
klutz_100
AF Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to klutz_100

What to say......?

"I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel" - Edmund Blackadder
klutz_100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:24 AM   #161
Jamme
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Jamme

Really, really nice job!

Jamme
Old 03-26-2010, 07:42 AM   #162
bmwmech1
AF Regular

This is a perfect example of what most everyone strives to achieve with their builds... super clean, super detailed, super accurate work! Outstanding build!

Garey
bmwmech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:04 AM   #163
Didymus
AF Enthusiast

Unbelievably fine work.

Where will this model be displayed? It deserves a museum all its own.

D D M S
Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #164
512BB
AF Regular

This is beautiful! If I didn't read the previous pages, I would have thought this is a 1/12 scale!
512BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #165
pidric
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 512BB View Post
This is beautiful! If I didn't read the previous pages, I would have thought this is a 1/12 scale!
Same for me !!! Unbelievable work of art, Jaykay is for sure one of the world top ten modeler !
pidric is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports