Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Interior | Audio | Security
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Interior | Audio | Security Tech forum to assist in Honda/Acura Interior, Audio and Security.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:57 AM   #1
jhonda01
AF Newbie

01 Accord Interior Door Panels

I have a 2001 Accord 2 door, and I am replacing the stock speakers. Last night I got a pair of Alpine Type S 6x9s for a good price and got them installed pretty easy.

Tonight I am thinking about getting another pair of Alpines only 6 1/2s for the front speakers. But I was looking at my door panel, and I have no idea how to go about getting to the speakers. I can't seem to figure out how the door panels come out

any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
jhonda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:03 PM   #2
jhonda01
AF Newbie

Re: 01 Accord Interior Door Panels

Well I looked again when I got off work and I don't see any screws anywhere. Do you guys think it just pops out?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:01 PM   #3
jhonda01
AF Newbie

Ok I got the bottom and the sides to pop out, but I can't get the top piece of trim to pop out. I can't see if it's screwed in anywhere or not. It's the piece that runs along the top of the door where the lock is and stuff. Anybody have ideas? Thanks.

edit:

I tried to get it off one more time. No luck. I got the whole thing almost off except for 2 spots on the top piece. I can't find any screws at all. I thought I was going to break it so I quit for the night. I guess I will try to go at it again tomorrow after work with more energy.

Last edited by jhonda01; 08-08-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:30 PM   #4
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44

Have you removed the screws in the handle recess and small door pocket? They're covered by plastic pieces that you can flip up with a small flathead screwdriver. Take those out then slide the handle area back (or maybe it was forward?) to remove it. Disconnect the window and lock controls. The whole door panel should lift up and out. Be mindful of the lock stub since it stays put.

00accord44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
jhonda01
AF Newbie

That was it bro! I missed one of the screws. The only place I never looked, I can't believe I didn't find it earlier. It was the screw that goes into the metal bracket thing that holds the interior to the door frame. Thanks for the help. Time to go mount the speakers.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #6
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44

Here's another tip I learned: Accord door panels are real shaky after you dismount em and installing more powerful speakers guarantees some rattling, especially from the driver's door. My solution was to inflate baloons (small water balloon size if you have em) to about 1" wide and tape em to the interior of the door panel at the 3 or 4 spots where contact most likely occurs. Water balloons are perfect for this since they're designed to expand way past their size so you can compress them between the panel and frame and they won't pop. Cheaper than dynamat and just as effective

Old 08-09-2007, 10:18 PM   #7
jhonda01
AF Newbie

Haha, that's awesome. I will remember that. I finally got the panel off no problem, so I sat down to mount the speaker. Figured it would only take about 10 to 15 minutes to wire it up real quick and mount it. So I got the wiring all done, and I went to mount the speaker.. and it was a no go. I just spent the past hour and a half trying to get this speaker to mount.

So I am pretty upset now. I was all pumped up about getting the door panel off only to be discouraged again, haha. I went to best buy to get the speakers, their little computer in car audio said the speakers should fit in my car. I took a few pictuers...

these are the mounting holes from the old speaker.

this is my mounting bracket thing that came with my new speakers.

the speakers are alpine type s by the way. i really would like them to fit... i suppose worse case scenario i will just try to customise it to fit some how. but as of right now i am having no luck getting them to fit. i am also getting tired haha.. i have to be to work early in the morning so it looks like my door panel is going to stay off until i get home tomrrow night. (Its alright to drive with all the wires from the window and lock controlls unplugged right?)

anybody have any ideas? any suggestions would be much appreciated. thanks!
Old 08-09-2007, 11:09 PM   #8
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Hmmm. How much bigger is the new bracket than the old one? Best Buy techs are full of shit sometimes so I wouldn't be suprised if they gave you misinformation. Riding with the wires out is perfectly fine as long as you don't snag em and rip one out When I decided to paint my interior, I took out all panels and storage compartments inside the car and rode around with just a steering wheel, shift knob, drivers/pass. seat, and bare bones dashboard (minus guages and stereo) for 2 days until I was done.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:12 AM   #9
jhonda01
AF Newbie

The bracket is the same size as the old one... the only problem is the holes don't match up. The holes on top are further apart, and the holes on the bottom are closer together. And with that mounting bracket in the picture, you break off the tabs you don't need. And since I broke some tabs off on one of the brackets I am not sure if Best Buy will let me return them now. Maybe I will just drill some new holes in my door. lol. I am heading to work now, I will give it all another shot when I get off this evening.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:12 AM   #10
wiseguy01
AF Enthusiast

my friend thats why they invented self tapping screws and a drill to drive the self taps in problem solved remember if ur speaker has a deep magnet u might want to check clearance for the window see if the window doesnt hit the magnet insisde the door
wiseguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Interior | Audio | Security