Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Interior | Audio | Security
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Interior | Audio | Security Tech forum to assist in Honda/Acura Interior, Audio and Security.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 07:45 AM   #1
Draco959
AF Newbie

'93 Accord Audio System Suggestions

I have a '93 Accord sedan and I am looking for some audio system suggestions. I've got XM radio in it with a Pioneer deck with one set of pre-amp outputs. I also have Sony XSV1630A 6.5 speakers all around. The problem is there isn't enough bass, so I'm looking for an amp/sub(s) combination to give it a boost. I had a single 12" being fed around 200W in a Civic hatchback and it sounded good. Now that I got this Accord, I notice the bass not being there A LOT!

Should I hook this single 12" back up with 200W to it, or should I get a dual sub setup with a whole new amp? How about amping the speakers themselves? Would I get a louder cleaner sound instead of distortion when I crank up now?

Thanks!
Draco959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 09:24 AM   #2
94hondaacc
AF Enthusiast

for the speakers yeah you could get cleaner sound if the you connect them to a small amp With a built in crossover. you should turn the basss frequency just right so that when you raise the volume you will not get any distortion.but then you will really need a sub and another amp, for the bass. it depends on what you want, as prices for these things vary greatly.you can add a substation which includes a amp for the sub, and this adds so nice bass but nothing crazy. but if you want a lot of bass this will cost more. 2 subs in a box and a amp.
94hondaacc is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Interior | Audio | Security