Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Cirrus
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 05:53 PM   #16
self-defence
AF Newbie

Re: Chrysler Stratus Export Edition (i.e. Cirrus) Remote Keyless Entry RKE

Stephman74 -> Thank you again for the extensive description now I have a lot more information than I was given by the dealer. And as for your English it's perfect I just wasn't clear on everything the first time.
Well my problem is the ignition lock and door locks don't match apparently the ignition lock was damaged and had to be changed.
I have contacted Mr. Bordas Attila via email and he has also explained a few things but I was still not clear if I could still have the remote unlock locking.
Now I only need to find someone with the needed skills to install the after market remote control system that I will be satisfied with and get Mr. Bordas to disable the anti-theft and the vehicle will be reliable again.
I mean it's really a shame because the vehicle that I own is really in very good condition and I would hate to not have it prefect working order.
Since my partner is in the US I was thinking of asking him to find two spare remotes fobs there but if you say this is only a Eurpoe thing only that is out of the question since I'm not going to find any in Europe anyway.
And I would even be willing to pay 1500€ or what ever if the they would just solve the problem. Is Chrysler really serious, this is not something I would expect and the unfortunate thing for them is that I was going to buy another new Chrysler 300C (this one is now my better half's and used to be mine but I still love driving it) but in light of these problems I'm thinking that I'll first see how this problem is fixed and then think really hard if I'm willing to buy another Chrysler that might or might not have spare parts in three years (I just might want to open my car once in a while ).
This is really disappointing if I treated my customers this way I wouldn't even be able to own a car.
By the way you mentioned that you had to cover the cost 2x150€ for transport to the garage I think you got ripped off since you sent your car there under the presence that it could be fixed and it is an inconvenient problem that they should be able to fix they should cover the cost of transport. Not to mention that I might just be willing to bill them for some other expenses this inconvenience has cost me. Witch by the was is permitted by EU law (did the same thing with a TV two years ago and they were forced to cover all of the expenses that derived form the problem). I don't know why customers who pay a lot of money for an over priced car anyway should have to deal with stupid problems that the manufacturer would have handle in the first place.

Anyway thank you for all of the information and I hope I'll be successful with my Stratus as well.

Best regards and good night

Last edited by self-defence; 04-05-2008 at 07:20 AM.
self-defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:23 AM   #17
self-defence
AF Newbie

Re: Chrysler Stratus Export Edition (i.e. Cirrus) Remote Keyless Entry RKE

Hey guys,

so I was able to get two fobs from a trashed Stratus and took them down to the dealers and they programed them for me. But unfortunately thanks to a friend of mine (I don't know how) he was able to get one of the fobs not working again. The other two (the original and the new one) still work fine. But I suspect that the third still works but it just doesn't register to the car. So I was thinking that I would program it again. But I don't want to go to the dealer if the fob doesn't work so I'd like to program it myself.
I was wondering if someone would be so kind and explain to me what I would need to do to program the fob or do I really need to go to the dealers?

Thanks for the info.

Bye
self-defence is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Cirrus