Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 11:47 PM   #1
bsarmento12
AF Newbie

HELP>> starting issues!

i have a 2017 impala lt v6. the car say the last year with not being started at all. i was finally able to get access and i added new fuel checked fluids and of course the battery was beyound dead. i put a jump pack on it and after disabling the anti theft disable the car would click a couple times then it would turn over only a couple times VERY WEAKLY. i tried jumper cables but the jump pack had a better result. before i buy a new battery i thouhgt i woulld see if it could possiby be anything else. again it clicks a couple times then wants to start but just seems it doesnt have enough juice to keep going.

any ideas will be appreciated thanks!
bsarmento12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 11:44 AM   #2
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: HELP>> starting issues!

are you the original owner ? battery pack is not good... put the correct jumper cables on it with copper wires that have 1/0 awg wire .. clean up the clamps and posts on battery .. keep the jumper vehicle running for 15 min .. then check for the voltage on the battery .. turn head lights on see if the voltage holds up to 14VOLTs..
new vehicles when not running for a few weeks the batteries will die. old vehicles 2006 and older do not use battery power of a very small amount.
new GM 2007 - newer has modified alternator charging and the batteries will die in 3-5 yrs.these new GM vehicles use a lot of current when not running ..
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS