Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 01:32 PM   #1
j_greene
AF Regular

Best Street 350Z's, where are they?

I am just wondering what some people are able to do with their 350's. I'd prefer any 1st hand knowledge over what you have read or the potential. Any 1/4 mile times or dyno #'s? Anyone rebuilt their motor yet? I know the 350Z is newer, but I haven't seen any with anything more the a S/C or TT on stock motors.
j_greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 03:27 PM   #2
350G
AF Regular

Re: Best Street 350Z's, where are they?

Although I'm waiting to dyno mine, I know of a few Z's with some extensive mod work:

Charles (aka phunk) in Chicago: approx 500whp using the Greddy TT setup with HKS Fcon as his engine management system (1000cc injectors too). Currently building a separate motor to go beyond this stock setup.

GQ (forgot his sign on name on my350): Greddy TT system running on forged internals (rods & pistons) with custom return fuel system. I expect him to be producing in excess of 450whp, but I don't believe he's had time to get his vehicle in tip top shape since the last wreck.

I've only done the basic Greddy setup and am waiting on a few parts before I custom tune the system (avoiding costly engine failure probability).
350G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 08:57 PM   #3
j_greene
AF Regular

Re: Re: Best Street 350Z's, where are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350G
Although I'm waiting to dyno mine, I know of a few Z's with some extensive mod work:

Charles (aka phunk) in Chicago: approx 500whp using the Greddy TT setup with HKS Fcon as his engine management system (1000cc injectors too). Currently building a separate motor to go beyond this stock setup.

GQ (forgot his sign on name on my350): Greddy TT system running on forged internals (rods & pistons) with custom return fuel system. I expect him to be producing in excess of 450whp, but I don't believe he's had time to get his vehicle in tip top shape since the last wreck.

I've only done the basic Greddy setup and am waiting on a few parts before I custom tune the system (avoiding costly engine failure probability).
Thanks any idea what they are running yet? Anyone in the 11's?
j_greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 09:41 PM   #4
350G
AF Regular

I would imagine Charles is in the 11s . . . there's a nice vid of his car smoking 3 Supras (stock & modified) when he was at 467whp and he's now 500. Personally, high 11s is my max. Anything after that and it just doesn't seem as streetable . . .
350G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:32 AM   #5
FikseGTS
AF Regular

check out this one... 389 RWHP and running 11's...

http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan-350Z-Timeslip-3700.html

FikseGTS is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe