Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 05:29 PM   #46
HogieGT-R
FAHRVERGNUGEN!

Send a message via AIM to HogieGT-R Send a message via MSN to HogieGT-R
I say go for it man, 240's are pretty sweet and I wouldn't mind driving one, just remember that RWD's suck if you have snow in your area. Hell, I really wouldn't mind driving one

My Addiction
HogieGT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 06:54 PM   #47
Reelten
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Reelten
Re: Thinking about getting a 240...just need to know what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogieGT-R
I say go for it man, 240's are pretty sweet and I wouldn't mind driving one, just remember that RWD's suck if you have snow in your area. Hell, I really wouldn't mind driving one
yeah but the RAIN!! is hella fun!
Reelten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 09:01 PM   #48
youngmanvr4
AF Enthusiast

Yea...in the winter i drive our trucks (Ford F-350 and 450) with 32ft trails behind them. Thats part of my job. Plus its "farm" work so i'm not doing anything wrong by law. Also...we go out to cali for 3 months of the year (for pollination of almonds) and we drove our 2 trucks and our Excursion with a 5x10 enclosed trail. Well we had 4 drivers going out there but not back. So i was stuck driving the Excursion with the trail from Cali to Kansas (1,700 miles). I drove it by myself. No one in the SUV other then me. And i was legal doing it to. Or alse my dad wouldn't of let me do it. We took I-80 all the way over to Ks. And in Salt Lake we ran in to snow. I was all alone in a Excursion in snow. I'm not saying i'm the best driver but i do have alot of driving time. I know i have driven over 30,000 miles so far. 20,000 of that is with trails.

94 vr-4 with 58k.

Mods: K&N FIPK, HKS EVC IV, HKS boost gauge, testpipe, EGR by-passed.

Sound: Profile Chrome and Gold amplifier (200W) and (2) 10" Red Cone Sony Xplod Subs.

Coming soon: Stillen downpipe, DN rear pre-cat, Defi boost and EGT gauge's with control unit on A-pillar.

youngmanvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:45 AM   #49
billclinton
AF Enthusiast

once he said the thing with the bees how could you not beleive him.

Alright take it from me, 240sx is a step down from a 3000GT even the front wheel drive non turbo one, the 3000GT is slow, but so is the 240sx

240sx is old so even tho its reliable it may have problems

i recommend like a 96 240sx

NoLlieSkillz : its called

NoLlieSkillz : neutral drop at redline
billclinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 01:15 PM   #50
youngmanvr4
AF Enthusiast

Well i'm thinking about a 95-98 (S14). Would you recommend that?

Thanks for the warning on the step down fron the 3000GT. But i know that 150 hp is less then 222 hp. And the classyness will be worse on the 240sx then the 3000GT....but when i'm done with it (modding it) the 240 my be better then the 3000GT.

94 vr-4 with 58k.

Sound: Profile Chrome and Gold amplifier (200W) and (2) 10" Red Cone Sony Xplod Subs.

Coming soon: Stillen downpipe, DN rear pre-cat, Defi boost and EGT gauge's with control unit on A-pillar.

Old 06-23-2004, 08:52 PM   #51
SAPrez
AF Enthusiast

I believe him, why not? It's no loss to me, and I know kids who have had cars younger than him.....See's like every girl I know started driving when they were like 14, 15, so who knows? Why pounce on this kid? I wish I was him when I was his age. My best friend in high school, his parent's owned a farm(chrismas trees in the winter, all kinds of crops rest of the year), he did all the work and kept all the profits and, by the time he graduated high school, had something like $50-$75k in the bank. Went out and bought a brand new Camaro cash last year. So yeah, I believe him. I don't know why you guys want to jump all over him. And the comment about his mom not finishing school was kinda out of line.

mB
SAPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 03:07 AM   #52
logik23
Banned

Send a message via MSN to logik23
Did he crash his camaro into the center divider and kill 3 people yet? I'm sure it won't take long.
logik23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:33 AM   #53
87civicfranky
AF Enthusiast

i have a ferrari....its whit with pink spots all over,,,im only 12 1/2 but will be 13 in 4 months...i have a cdl(comercial drivers licence) i drive trucks from florida to alabama.....

man when i was 14 i didint even have a bike(nor job).......crap man.....not even slanging rocks and grass at the corner would i ever get cash for a car......but still.....i take my time and little by little...i will get there...so congrats to dsm97gsx ....my bro has a 96 240...it looks good (but its auto......that really suks...) he works in a place called damons grill....the food is awsome...frome spare ribs to chiken wings...(but damn its expensive!!!) he has some cash saved up and is going to buy a red top...(cant find the black top where i live....stupid island!!!) with the 5 speed trans.....i think that set up will be more then sufficient for his needs......
87civicfranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:25 AM   #54
Suislide
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Thinking about getting a 240...just need to know what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87civicfranky
i have a ferrari....its whit with pink spots all over,,,im only 12 1/2 but will be 13 in 4 months...i have a cdl(comercial drivers licence) i drive trucks from florida to alabama.....

man when i was 14 i didint even have a bike(nor job).......crap man.....not even slanging rocks and grass at the corner would i ever get cash for a car......but still.....i take my time and little by little...i will get there...so congrats to dsm97gsx ....my bro has a 96 240...it looks good (but its auto......that really suks...) he works in a place called damons grill....the food is awsome...frome spare ribs to chiken wings...(but damn its expensive!!!) he has some cash saved up and is going to buy a red top...(cant find the black top where i live....stupid island!!!) with the 5 speed trans.....i think that set up will be more then sufficient for his needs......

dear journal...
Old 06-24-2004, 01:06 PM   #55
SAPrez
AF Enthusiast

No, my friend is a responsible driver....Haven't seen him since I got out of the Navy, but I've heard he's getting pretty popular with the N.Alabama car show scene.....Gotta make time to go and visit....He just finished his degree in Political Science and going to law school this fall....

mB
SAPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:54 PM   #56
youngmanvr4
AF Enthusiast

Thanks 87civic. I'm really lucky for my life. But i do work alot...so i dont have alot of time to have fun. But i live in a small small town (140 people) so its not like i can really have that much fun. There are only three people in my town that our my age. Two of witch are my 2 cuzins. And when i say my age i mean like 14-to about 20. So how fun is that? Anyways...i go up to Lincoln, Ne two or three times a week (90 miles oneway) and i have most of my fun up there. Now you are most likey getting a little confused how i work 44 hours a week and how i'm on the internet all this week. So i'll explan. I dont work on sundays also. But anyways...as i was saying some times (alot of times) i work 10 to 15 hours a day. And i have put in alot of 18 hours days. So you do that for a month then you get a week break then you go at it again. And right now i'm on my break. And i'm still putting 4 or 5 hours aday but just not as much work as befor. But someweeks i put in 80 to 90 hours in...then other weeks i put in 30. But on a average i work 44 hours aweek.

BTW there is a 95-98 240sx up in Lincoln ,NE with a S15 converion and drift body kit painted yellow with a CF hood...is that guy on here? If so that car is hot!

94 vr-4 with 58k.

Old 06-24-2004, 11:35 PM   #57
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic
Re: Re: Thinking about getting a 240...just need to know what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm97gsx
But i live in a small small town (140 people) so its not like i can really have that much fun. There are only three people in my town that our my age. Two of witch are my 2 cuzins.
"And thats what I like about the South!" :banjo music comes on

Quote:
I dont work on sundays also. But anyways...as i was saying some times (alot of times) i work 10 to 15 hours a day. And i have put in alot of 18 hours days. So you do that for a month then you get a week break then you go at it again. And right now i'm on my break. And i'm still putting 4 or 5 hours aday but just not as much work as befor. But someweeks i put in 80 to 90 hours in...then other weeks i put in 30. But on a average i work 44 hours aweek.
Do you go to school? Isn't that illegal?

One last question, do you own a 3000gt or an eclipse gsx? What your saying and your profile is saying don't really make a match.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:46 PM   #58
youngmanvr4
AF Enthusiast

I'm homeschooled as i said before. And i becuase i work for my dad it doesn't matter how many hours i put in. As long as i do my school i'm ok. I do my school when i get back from work at night.

I own a 3000GT and i put gsx at the time when i made the name so that way i could get on here. I didn't have the 3000GT back when i got the name. So i put what i liked at the time. I need to get a new name tho. Like 240sxnvr4 or something like that. Becuase i'm going to get a 240 and i have a 3000GT now but when i have more money after buying my 240 i'll buy a 3000GT VR-4.

94 vr-4 with 58k.

Old 06-24-2004, 11:54 PM   #59
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

Quote:
when i have more money after buying my 240 i'll buy a 3000GT VR-4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLogikal1
Thats kinda oxymoron-ish
You should lower your standards. Who are you planning on hooking up with after you divorce your second wife?lol

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:57 PM   #60
youngmanvr4
AF Enthusiast

whats that mean?

94 vr-4 with 58k.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX